Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Admiral

Default actually had a good boating weekend...

we left work about an hr early and headed home to grab our stuff and get to the boat...I had put the boat in the water the nite before so we were ready to steam out...we got thru the river and past everett marina ..the water was smooth as glass...that is untill we got past the south end of whidbey island....it got lumpy as hell..then it got even lumpier as we got closer to towards seattle...poulsbo is on the other side of bainbridge island by keyport naval station...they do torpedo research and also have a support ship that operates and maintains underwater robots...really cool to see the robots sitting on the stern....
anyways..once we got into agat pass the water just flattened out and was like a lake....when you get next to keyport, there is a no wake zone all the way to poulsbo..poulsbo is an old nordic town...viking stuff..they even have a statue of lief ericson....everyone comes there to go to the marina and the bakery...there is an old bakery there that is awesome...lunches there are really good and reasonable...anyway...of course after we got up on sat. morning we went to the bakery for a few donuts...oh my god they are fresh and warm....last year the bakery was for sale and everyone feared that it would close for ever...luckily someone bought it and is keeping it as it was...it's now called Liberty Bay Bakery
we chilled saturday afternoon cuz it was fairly cold..I got the stbd side of the boat washed...met up with our philipino friends...and had a pretty good italian lunch....(I know...italian in a swedish town)... ..but it was good...then...went back for a nap and had dinner...went to bed after watching the new james bond movie...it was pretty good but hey...it's not Sean or Pierce....haha..

anyway ..got up this morning and had a walk with the kids ...and then while we were standing on shore this guy walks up with 3 flats of donuts..now talk about service...the bakery I was drooling over sent someone out and around the marina with sample donuts...come on down...we're open and here...have a free donut...now that was a score...haha....after eating some breakfast and tea..we fired up and headed out to come home..naturally the water was a bit lumpy....I sure could have used a nice flat ride home...but...nope..wasn't going to happen and the weather guessers predicted snow...right now it's sunny and partly cloudy...go figure...

hope everyone had a chance to work on or go out on their boats...bad water and all..it was a great weekend on the boat.....cept now it's back to the house and mow the friggin grass...... :shock:

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Lieutenant

WTG.....
Im getting dropped in the water in about an hour, heading out to the marina as soon as I finnish this post..

Its kinda cold outside but im going for a joy ride regardless..

WOOOHOOOOOO...

MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Lt. JG

Default Re: actually had a good boating weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
hope everyone had a chance to work on or go out on their boats...bad water and all..it was a great weekend on the boat.....cept now it's back to the house and mow the friggin grass...... :shock:
I've got 37 hours on my boat so far this year. I keep looking for you out of Everett. We spent today all over Possession Bar. Caught 1 rock fish, 1 bottom fish, and 4 blackmouth. All weren't legal to keep, but it was an awesome day with a zero sea-state. We've been up to Everett every weekend for the past month or so.
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Admiral

Default everett...

well..last weekend we were at poulsbo..this weekend was busy...got my front and rear isenglass taken off and up to leta's top shop in arlington...got them back yeterday and man..what a difference....I had screen on the back that was shredding...had them replaced with 30 mil isenglass.....
today had to wash the boat and do some other stuff....next weekend I hope to be out on the boat....

glad you had a good fishing time....your rig looks great .....atleast it's fun to take to the lake or something......
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote