Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default 99 1900sr stern light

Anybody have a aftermarket replacement suggestion for the curved stern light on a 1900 sr? Mine is out of commission and I can't seem to find something to replace it with because it has about a 90 degree bend near the base. It plugs into the rear of the bot, not on the side or top. Any help is appreciated.

dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
Admiral

have you contacted bayliner with your hin #????....if that doesn't work....try greatlakesskipper.com......

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Commander

What is wrong with your light? I have the same one and the light end was broken off (hanging my the wires) when I got the boat. Talked to the wonderful people at PERKO and they sent me a new one at no charge. Couple butt connectors and I was back in business. The folks at PERKO were great, I was all ready to pay for the repair parts, but they sent them without even discussing payment. If all you need is a repair part, give them a call and they can probably get you what you need.
CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

It is busted on the light end. I was thinking about buying one that is straight and rolling it with a pipe bender, not sure if that would work but afterall, its just thin metal of some kind. I will change the base if I have too, but would rather just find a direct replacement. What did they send you? just the end bulb portion and housing? dont happen to know the part numbers by chance do you?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Commander

They sent me the bulb end socket (the portion that goes into the metal tube) my lens was still good. They didn't have a part #, but when I described the part I needed they knew what it was and sent it. Definitely worth the few minutes to make a phone call. Good Luck

-JP
CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #6

If it's just the light end, then that can be swapped out with any light that will fit that sized post, which is just about all of them. Heck, while you'r at it, go for an LED light.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Thanks everyone. I took it apart and tested the power just before the base and all is good. The broken lense is junk but the socket appears good. Placed a new bulb and it won"t light up. I'm going to buy a new base and try that. The next option is trying to bend a brand new one to get the angle. I'm thinking the base and the end that plugs into the base (two small female receptacle holes) may have just rusted or corroded on the inside.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #8
Lt. Commander

FYI. for anyone who may need a replacement as well. I have found one that is slightly longer than the original, but should work just the same at great lakes skipper. Good call on that one seapuppy. Thanks for help everyone.