Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
cj
Lieutenant

Default 97 2400scr trailer

Just purchased a 97 2400scr with a load rite 25t5800 trailer. I noticed that the last roller is past the rear of the boat(boat is up forward on the trailer). When I asked the previous onwer he said it was because the trailer was one size up for the boat,but wasn't to sure, so I didn't question it. It pulls really nice, so I think the tounge weight is pretty close, nose heavy if anything, but I noticed the couple of times I've loaded it and unloaded it, that I've had to put the anchor ontop of the pulpit cause it hits the trailer. Is this normal for this boat? or do I just have to experiment a litttle more with how deep the trailer goes in the water, or should the boat be moved back on the trailer. Other than the pulpit hitting and having to have to tabs up, it loads great and pulls great. Should I just leave it alone. Will it fish tail if I move it back?
Cheers
Chris

cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Lt. JG

The problem with the anchor is the ramp is too steep, with a shallower ramp angle the trailer stays flatter and the anchor shouldn't hit the post. Some trailers can have the axles moved to change where the weight is and then you may be able to move the boat back so the roller catches the back of the boat.

bmax