Old 02-19-2019, 12:26 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2600 SE - Funky Tabletop

Howdy folks,

I'm going to ask a question that others have raised, but I haven't seen confirmation of a solution.

My 2600 SE didn't come with a cockpit table top. The previous owners appear to have attempted to make their own, but they got the pattern reversed. It works fine as a table, but it doesn't fit between the two seats for the sun pad to fill in. It's also super heavy and bulky.

I've seen Todd Industries mentioned a few times. I assume that means Todd Enterprises/Todd Marine Products (Todd Boat Seats, Marine Seats, Boat Chairs, Gas Caddy, Leaning Post, Helm Seats, Boarding Steps). I have an email out to them and plan to follow up by phone this week. Has anyone successfully sourced this tabletop from them before?

Barring that option, if anyone has a template or dimensions or any other resource that would help me fabricate my own, I would be most grateful.

Thank you!
- Matt

radracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by radracer View Post

I've seen Todd Industries mentioned a few times. I assume that means Todd Enterprises/Todd Marine Products (Todd Boat Seats, Marine Seats, Boat Chairs, Gas Caddy, Leaning Post, Helm Seats, Boarding Steps). I have an email out to them and plan to follow up by phone this week. Has anyone successfully sourced this tabletop from them before?
Yes that is the company. getting a table top is easy. Getting one that drops into the slot for a sunpad will be trickier. You should be able to measure and fabricate it based on the dimensions of the space and the rails that hold the table in place.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
Ensign

Got it. I read the mentions of Todd Industries to mean they could provide the original table shape. Understood now they provide generic replacements. Thank you!
radracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
Admiral

Doubt original style would be available 10+ years later

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by radracer View Post
Got it. I read the mentions of Todd Industries to mean they could provide the original table shape. Understood now they provide generic replacements. Thank you!
To clarify, they at least made the post and the mounts on the deck and the bottom of the table. They more than likely made the table as well. However, it is doubtful that they still carry that exact model in stock.

Todd makes OEM tables for boat manufacturers and generic tables. A table, like many things on a boat, rarely get replaced. If so, it's once every 20 years and only on a limited number of boats. Todd couldn't possibly or reasonably keep every single table model in stock for every boat make and model over multiple decades in the hopes that they sell maybe 1-3 a year of any given model. The cost of warehouse space would far exceed the profit generated. After all, how many 1992 Doral 2300 settee tables are they selling in a given year?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote