Old 02-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 2300SC extended swim platform

Seriously getting spring fever here in NC and starting to weigh the options on an extended swim platform for my 1999 2300SC. Does anyone on here have a similar size/year boat with an extended platform whether it be professionally built or home made that can post some pictures and give any pros/cons? I am familiar with swimplatforms.com and so on but really hoping someone may have an ingenious idea how to make their own as the price tag on the custom built ones is a little more than I want to spend.

Thanks in advance,
WR

Whiskey River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

WR,

My 1900SR3 came with the extended platform, which adds about 2 feet to the LOA (19 to 21). I absolutely love having it. Makes the boat feel bigger and is a huge plus for water sports - getting in and out and drying off before getting the cockpit carpeting all wet. Also, makes it nice when sitting on the stern locker "seat". Have no idea how much they cost but have heard the site swimplatforms.com is a good one. Realize your boat is much larger than mine but hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Captain

it's easy lets google it and you will find al lot of companies.....

www.swim-platform.com

www.swimplatforms.com

www.myswimplatform.com

good luck with finding what you want......and there will be somebody here (somebody talked about it on this forum, but i cant find it anymore) who has experiance with it

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Thanks ed. However as I mentioned I am familiar with these companies but would like to know if anyone has had any experience with custom building one as the mentioned companies are very proud of their product (and i am sure they are worth every penny just on a budget here).

Also would like to see some pictures if anyone has a 2300SC with an extended platform custom built or otherwise for refference.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Captain

if you want it custom build i think it's the best to make one of rvs steel with wood....i dont know if thats what you want..?????? but it looks a little bit old fashion...
Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
Lt. JG

found this boat for sale while searching for platforms...anyone ever seen this style of extended platform and have an idea who may have built it......I really like the way it's molded in with the boat.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...p-95279738.htm
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
Captain

call the company who sells the boat and tell your story, then ask the number of the owner........it realy looks nice

succes, ed
Old 02-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

WR,

Not many choices for you it seems; either dig deep for a SP from one of those companies that do them or do one yourself. I tell ya though, the amount of time it would take to do one yourself in fiberglass - what with designing it, getting the measurements right, building the mold, etc-etc sounds like it's going to take a load of time and require some mad skillz with fiberglass.

Here's a thought: I wonder if the platform for your 1999 2300 SC was used on other boats. I mean if SeaMaxBay built other boats with the same beam and transom design it's possible that a SP from one of those might bolt right on. For instance, if MAXUM built a 2400 SC in 1999 it's very possible the SP from one of those might fit yours. If you could find the part number for the one that fits your boat, then find a helpful parts man/women who could maybe cross reference the PN, you might be able to compile a list of boats with that SP. Some dealer may even have one in stock somewhere. Might be able to find a used one.

Good luck.....

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #9
Ensign

WR,
I just joined the forum today and I saw your post. I have a 1999 2300SR and I had the same dilemma last winter. After considering numerous ideas (adapting second-hand platforms, shaping foam then glass/gel coat, wood, synthetic flooring products from Lowes, etc. ), I decided to just bite the bullet and buy a custom platform for $1,500. That decision probably saved me 20-40 hours worth of frustrating work. I have to say that my family totally loves the platform. It adds considerable room for “hanging out” which is what we like to do. The kids love jumping off the platform and I don’t have to worry about them landing on the outdrive. I installed it myself with a friends help. It took about 4 hours and we took our time. The only thing that I would have done differently is specify the gel coat color. My boat is off-white and the platform is, well, white. It’s not that noticeable, but I plan to add flexiteek to the platform as well as my integrated platform to give the back of my boat a more integrated/contemporary look. Good luck, Brett
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #10
Admiral

Brett
thanks for the report out.....welcome to the zoo!!...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Lt. JG

Thanks for the input Brett...do you have any pictures?....what co. did you go with swimplatforms.com or swim-platforms.com?

Thanks,
WR
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #12
Lt. JG

Default extended swim platform pics

I Strongly recommend this modification. Here is a picture of my extended swim platform on my 2000 2400SCR. It is indeed from swimplatforms.com, and provides a huge amount of needed space for all the youngsters constantly getting in and out of the water (gulf coast).

The second picture looking aft only shows part of the platform, but gives some perspective of just how big the swim platform is.

This is one of the best features, and provides a lot of utility.
Attached Thumbnails
boat9.jpg   boat1.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
Lt. Commander

Location: Commuting weekly from South Central Idaho. Got Water?

Cool! Good to see a few more 2300SC's on here. After researching all (not many out there) the custom mfg's out there, I too thought about designing and building my own swim platform. My requirements were much the same as most of you: look good installed, provide a better platform than the stair step stern provided, have a good telescoping 4 step ladder, and be as low to the waterline as possible so's I can slide my dive gear easily out of the water. I was going to build one out of a stainless frame and teak the decking (fake, of course for easy maintenance. I'm lazy too!). I never got started but I did accidently run across another mfg right in my own home town of Spokane, WA. They produce platforms very similar to the one Whiskey River posted.

www.myswimplatform.com

Enjoy!

"If you look like your passport photo, you probably need the trip"
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #14
Captain

like i already told you....make it your self......the way you excectly want it....and its much cheaper i think.......

succes with the project....ed