Old 04-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 1998 Maxum 2700 SCR Owners Manual

Anyone have the owners manual for a 1998 Maxum 2700 SCR? The only manuals i'm able to find are for the 2000 Model years. All of the other manuals I have found don't match the layout of my boat. I'm trying to figure out where I can run a wire from the instrument panel to where the radio is located to be able to have NMEA 2000 capabilities between my radio and gps.

atnichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard!

I doubt the manual will provide much help as there isn’t much in them. May someone with this model year can help.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

I spent some time last season running a lot of wires on my ‘03 2900. Probably similar config. On my boat any routing across the beam is tricky. I’d recommend the headliner. 1) remove the shelf in the head to get access to the bundles going to the dash. 2) remove the cover over the wiper motor in the dinette. 3) pull the ac panel.

The best route is likely from the dash, around the head (over the top or around the gunwale), then over the headliner to the panel.

Not 100% sure but think the actual route for the radio and ac cables across the beam is down under the cabin steps, under the floor behind the fuel tank bulkhead and up to the helm from under the head. This path appeared impossible to do a retrofit, which is why I recommended the headliner.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yahoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:26 AM   #4
Captain

Best path in a boat is usually the longest.
To run from the helm to port side can be done thru the ER. All hull wiring splits in the ER. It seems like the long way, but you do have access to both port and stud from there.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:50 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

I found it really difficult to get from the ER to the AC panel/radio next to the cabin door. If you go up along the gunnel straight to the panel, there was a blind bulkhead. Down low would have required removing the aft cabin HW heater to pull out a panel to get access past the cabin stairs. They certainly don’t make it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yahoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote