Old 06-03-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 1995 2100 SRB 5.7 question

Looking at.....well actually taking delivery on a 1995 Maxum 2100 SRB tomorrow. It's a 2 owner boat, all service records, and fairly low hours. This boat is pretty much a time capsule. Normally, I would have checked to see if it was carb or TBI prior to making the deal, but weather got bad on us and the inspection was cut short. I did look at the engine prior to the rain with intentions of revisiting it after the water test. It was as clean as the rest of the boat, IIRC it had a flat black cover on top that said 5.7 Alpha One or 5.7LX Alpha One (ya I know, I've looked at alot of boats in the past few weeks). Boat planed quickly and was very smooth, strong and very quiet. I had pretty much decided I was buying it during the water test. Price was extremely fair.....would've bought it on the spot but the owner didn't bring the title to the lake and weather sucked here today so we're doing it tomorrow. Lake was very choppy with the storms coming in so we couldn't really fully stretch her legs. And I've done some research on engine options....4.3, 5.0, 5.7, and 7.4 but have had no luck finding info if it's carbed or EFI. Help me out if you know....Also, I'm pretty sure the prop is stock or close to (2 props included), both 3 blade....what kind of top speed should I expect from this 5.7 (250 HP) in this boat? Thanks in advance.

WeekendWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
Ensign

Picked up the boat Tuesday after work.

The engine is a 5.7 EFI TBI. Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend and we can hit the lake.

Only cost me $130 to fuel it after I bought it.....LOL

WeekendWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #3
CGG
Lt. Commander

Welcome and post pictures! Good luck!
CGG is offline   Reply With Quote