Old 06-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 1994 Maxum 2200 SR Info

Please help Iam looking at a 94 Maxum 2200 SR Bowrider. I cant find anything that give info on this boat. Any help or links would be great. I really like the boat its clean and owner is asking 7500 for it. Did not seem bad. Thanks for any info

lantajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
Admiral

John
welcome to the zoo....first off..where are you located...bout the best thing I can suggest is to get it professionally surveyed......that will give you some bargaining power if there is anything wrong...second...7500 sounds a bit high for an old boat...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
Ensign

Thank you for your help. Iam from Bethlehem Pa. I know its supposed to be a buyer market right now. Boats from 18 to 22 ft are selling real good. I believe he will come down some. What I like is he has all records of work done and it shows very well. I just cant find anything about them anywhere. Thanks again
lantajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Admiral

well..the problem is that it is really old.....go to the nada sight...look up the boat and see what they recommend......but I'd offer half and go from there...especially after you get it checked over by the mechanic....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
Admiral

I'll help ya SP with my 2 cents .............A boat almost 20 years old could be a crap shoot. Sometimes you win and then........well lets hope for the best.

Hope you have taken this boat out onto the water and ran the piss out of it. Did it pass?

No burnt smells. What size engine? A 305 or 350 I hope!

Please find a mechanic if your not so inclined to help you on the engine and outdrive inspection. Ask to drain the outdrive fluid alittle for to see what color you got. Anything milky brown color and its toast.

I would say if cosmetically the boat looks good it has been taken care of. How is the trailer?

Just google the model number and that will give you an idea of what they were new........

There you go, good luck and yes........ offer half and then meet him in the middle.........let us know how you came out and yes pictures!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #6

Survey, Survey, Survey. About the worst thing you can do is let the bottom-line sell price dictate your purchasing decision. The less expensive and older a boat the more money you're going to throw into it after the fact. I've seen many situations where someone bought a boat and spent more money in the long run than would have buying a boat half as old and twice the money. Care and maintenance does go a long way.

The best way to tell is to have the boat surveyed. Since they are costly, I would be sure that I was ready to buy the boat first.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Ensign

See if they have old maintenance records for the boat. Take it for a spin. I bought a 95 1800SR, and has been running like a champ. Very happy with it. I think boats are kind of overpriced in MN, but whatever. I am enjoying it.

slh7d is offline   Reply With Quote