Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 1993 2200sc

hello all,
In the process of purchasing my first boat. I have spent days trying to research more info on this new possible toy, but have not been lucky at all. I cant even find an owners' manual for it. The boat I'm looking into is a 1993 Maxum (of course) 2200 SC. it has the 5.7/V8 Alpha one drive in it with 402 hrs. the boat is in really great shape, it looks like the person who had it previously took really good care of it. Please any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Juan

Juan Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Welcome to the site Juan.

If you get ahold of Maxum customer service they may be able to hook you up with an owners manual. But, given the age of the boat, you might not get lucky. http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/

Click on the Contact Us button.

I think you can tell a lot about a boat by the condition it is in. If it's in nice shape, especially for that age, it's a bood bet the owner maintained it well. Nevertheless, you would do well to have a marine surveyor check it out from stem to stern, including the engine and drive.

Good luck,

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

Welcome aboard Juan!!! Don't worry about the owner's manual. They aren't going to be what you expect. a manual for the engine and a manual for the drive is really what you need. Unlike cars, boats typically ship with the original manual such as the fridge, battery charger, AC, etc or whatever you have in there. Good Luck. Find a good surveyor and make sure he soes engines.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
Ensign

thanks guys, I will be doing my sea trial on Saturday, will let you know how it goes.

Juan
Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
Admiral

welcome to the zoo...hopefully you have gotten a good mechanical survey....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #6
Ensign

do you guys happen to know the seating capacity of this boat (1993 2200SC) i tried to look for the placard that would show it but couldnt see it.
I'm taking a friend of mine thats a boat mechanic and works at a local marina for the sea trial with me. the asking price for the boat is $4500, would you guys happen to know if that's a good price for such boat. Only asking cause I have been looking at other boats a few years older for less money but much bigger, so I'm getting all confused with size, age, and quality. I have always loved the maxum line, but now that I'm actually going to purchase the boat, I just want to make sure that im not overpaying.
thanks,
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Admiral

well...here's the kicker....the marine industry is seriously hurting....I just spoke to a buddy of mine last weekend and he's told me that even the big dogs dealers are hurting...no boats are moving....none...or very few...it's a total buyers market and selling boats is not happening unless you can find the right buyer...so...whatever he's asking for...reduce it by say 35%....then meet somewhere in the middle....to find out market value for older boats...check at www.yachtworld.com and put in yr/model etc in the data boxes...that will give you an idea of whats out there.....

good luck...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote