Old 08-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 12V feed to nav light switch??

Hey all, I have 2004 2400SE and lost nav lights. Checked every fuse (with test light) under dash and near battery. All fuses replaced this season after glazing turned up bad connection for blower. Anyone have this issue and have possible fix and/or anyone able to positive identify which fuse is for nav lights so I can start the wire chase? Anchor light also out, I see they feed each other. I swore off using scotchloks but its so tempting on this one. I jumped 12V to nav light switch input and switch ok and turns lights on and off.

SillyLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLilly View Post
Hey all, I have 2004 2400SE and lost nav lights. Checked every fuse (with test light) under dash and near battery. All fuses replaced this season after glazing turned up bad connection for blower. Anyone have this issue and have possible fix and/or anyone able to positive identify which fuse is for nav lights so I can start the wire chase? Anchor light also out, I see they feed each other. I swore off using scotchloks but its so tempting on this one. I jumped 12V to nav light switch input and switch ok and turns lights on and off.
While you checked the fuse did you measure for 12V at the fuse end to the Nav switch? Most manufacturers use cheap fuse panels that oxide over time so while the fuse may be good no power is getting through. Be sure to make the measurement with the switch on. Since jumping in 12V allowed the Nav lights to work and most other things are working its either the fuse panel or the wire is open.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks Mike, thats my next test. I was hoping to find a a chart that showed exactly which fuse it is just to narrow it down. I replaced all the fuses due to the oxidation so the panel may be "infected" as well.
SillyLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:37 PM   #4
Admiral

Occording to the owners manual the wire feeding the Nav switch should be dark blue so find the fuse that feeds this wire.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #5

You should be able to trace the helm switch back to the 12v bus. The bus should be right there under the helm. If there is a separate Nav Light switch and anchor light switch, then there is going to be a connection from the NAv switch to the anchor light switch as well. (This allows Nav to actuate the Red & Green as well as the all-around white).

The ground will be common, don't worry about that. The Nav and Anchor light should each have a dedicated fuse.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote