Old 08-18-2022, 12:55 PM   #1

Default 10 Years Gone

It's been 10 years to the day that we lost "Seapuppy".

Many active members here may not remember Seapuppy, though I'm hoping there are still a few around who do.

Harry A. "Steve" Stephens II (a.k.a Seapuppy) passed away peacefully while battling Leukemia on Saturday, August 18, 2012.

Seapuppy was one of the original moderators of this site, and one of the biggest single contributors, and I considered him a friend. He was always willing to help everyone and his knowledge was expansive.

Steve's signature said it all about him:

"Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about."

He is sorely missed. Fair winds and following seas Seapuppy

====================
He was born on April 28, 1952 at Ramey Air Force Base in Puerto Rico to Harry and Celia Stephens. He is survived by his wife, Marsha Stephens of Everett, WA; and sister, Shirley Jennings of Dallas, Texas. Steve worked in the engineering department at Boeing since 1996, and was formerly employed by Newport News Shipbuilding and General Dynamics Electric Boat Company in Virginia, where he participated in the design of several boats including the Seawolf, a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. He served in the Air Force from 1970 to 1976. Steve will be remembered for his great sense of humor, quick wit, and love of life. He enjoyed boating in Puget Sound with Marsha, raising beautiful Sheltie dogs, talking about airplanes and sports cars, target shooting, and playing guitar.

Published in The Herald (Everett) from August*25 to August*31,*2012

====================

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
Admiral

Hi shrew, I definitely remember Steve. It was very sad hearing of his passing back then and no easier hearing it’s been ten years. He contributed a lot to this forum. I hope Marsha is doing well.

Here’s to Seapuppy

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:31 PM   #3
Admiral

Time goes so quickly it seems! His dry sense of humor was enjoyable.

Having lost my wife in 2015 I hope Marsha has been able to move on with her life like i have. I can imagine the memories that she has of Steve.

We will never forget the ones we love!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote