Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Admiral

Talking winter project....

man...I am going thru serious boat withdrawls....so..yesterday I went to the marina and washed the boat...today I wanted to do a few mods..one thing I needed to do was to move the speakers from our midberth...when we got the 340 back in march..it didn't come with a tv back there...so..we ran out and got a 19" tv with dvd player....the problem with the new tv's is ...no horse power...while the ac is on..you can't hear the tv unless you stick your head right up to the danged speaker..then it sounds like a tin can....looking closer at the speakers..their the size of a quarters.....
so...I added some speakers and a subwoofer into the system...I put the subwoofer down in the midberth seat...then originally stuck the speakers down low on the seat at the base.....that worked ok....but once we were at a marina in canada and while watching the 24 series videos complete with explosions and gunfights....this poor blow boating couple musta thought we were having a full up gunfight in the midberth...I had forgotten how sound travels thru the boat hull and into the water.....

so..obviously I needed to make some mods....problem is there is no place for a subwoofer ...but I did manage to move the speakers today to the headboard using double sticky tape......the extra sticky stuff...will hold a 747 to the ramp.....

once I ran the wires back under the mattress and into the settee where the powered subwoofer is located....hooked it all up...dang it sounds great...hope I don't scare off the blow boaters again!!......

anyway....I need a good weekend on the boat....really!!!..anyone else doing any cool mod's on your boat this weekend??

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote