Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Replacement Ideas For Television: 3200SCR

For most of you with 3000 to 3500 scr's, you know the drill with the 9" tube TV in the upper cabinet above the range.
The color has long since gone on my 9" TV and I'd like to replace it. But you can't find those old tube tvs anymore, and honestly, I'd really like to put in a 20" LCD in it's place. But I'd like to use the same location, and when it comes to mounting ideas and stuff, I'm at a loss. Anyone used the same location to retrofit a new TV?

SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Captain

Jeff, I also thought about doing that, but wanted to be able to watch from the bed up front. I just removed the tv/vcr and use for more cabinet space. I will pst some pics of my install......
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry 029.jpg   Blackberry 027.jpg   Blackberry 028.jpg  

Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Captain

By the way, do you happen to have any pics of your rear bimini?? I would like to have something like yours made this up coming winter......jesse
Old 06-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Jesse..
I'll be up at the lake this weekend. I'll put the rear extension bimini pics on my "to do" list. I'll get the pics up by weeks end.

On the tv mounting idea..I like that mounting position, but my wife would never go for it there. I'm going to have to stick to the "over the range" position for mounting.
SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #5

Hi Summerbreeze,

I decided not to put it over the oven range since it was too close to my face when I cook and I thought about steam and cooking spatter steam etc.? I also could not find a flat panel combo DVD unit with an A/V output so I couldnt feed all the other 3 tvs OB. So I would have to go with a stand alone tv and If I mounted it there, It would cover the DVD player. So there lies the rub. The way it is now, I can pop in a DVD and watch it any where (almost) that is untill I get the cockpit one in there.

The other thing is that the my old 9" TV still works fine and is the correct size when you are 2 feet away from it working at the range and the VHS unit acts as a video switch to go between all the posible video sources. I would reconsider putting it in the vee birth because it swings perfectly to view it while lying in the vee berth. Just somthing to think about.

Bella Sera
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Captain

Thanks Summerbreeze, when you get a chance on the pics, I wont be doing anything until next winter on the canvases. Dont want to beat a dead horse but we love the tv mount, it swivels out of the way and around for watching from the table area......really works for us.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
Captain

Bella, I will be keeping an eye on you...ooops an eye out for the pics of the tv mount and hookups for the cockpit tv!!!

Bella, is your ac unit not under the cabin steps???? Looks like you have some stuff stowed in there??
Old 10-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #8
Ensign

I did the stand alone 19" tv/dvd thing on the shelf in the fwd berth. Until I get the articulating wall mount, we can rotate it to view either in bed or in the salon. The original tv cabinet has become our junk food cabinet. Also,, with a simple cable splitter,, we can use the tv in the cockpit as well. Good Luck !

big old stinger is offline   Reply With Quote