Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Stl
Lt. JG

Default New to 96 4100scr

Hello all,
I just purchased a 96 4100scr. this is the first boat i have ever owned and would like to lean on this forum for information to help me be an aware and active owner. Can you get the service manuals for these boats? I have found challenges like the writing for the panel switches is gone and would like to get a feel for how things are on the boat. Thanks for your time! Any input would be nice.
Jay

Stl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #2

Welcome Aboard Stl!!!

shrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Admiral

Welcome Jay......some people will say these manuals from maxum are very bland with specfic's even if you can find them. First thing I would do is take a safe boating course, if you have not already done so .

Where did you buy this boat, private owner or marina? Why did they not go though your op's with you. Did you get it surveyed? The surveyor would of went over everything with you. Before you take your boat out get a vessel safety check. Not to harp on you but this is why these people are around and can be money well spent to help you.

You have jumped ahead of the learning curve by not progressing from small boat that had give you that much needed experience though the years to jump ahead to a much larger boat with no experience. Take very small steps with this big boat. Try to find a mentor that you can sponge all this info that you need off of.

Manuals.... Clymer service manuals are good. Depending your brand of motor.....what engine do you have? Your questions that you have please be specific on what it is and we will be glad to answer it for you.

Good luck

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:35 AM   #4
CGG
Lt. Commander

That is a lot of boat for a first one. I would suggest hiring a professional to teach you how to drive operate the boat. Welcome to the site and good luck!
CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #5
Stl
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
That is a lot of boat for a first one. I would suggest hiring a professional to teach you how to drive operate the boat. Welcome to the site and good luck!
I have now secured a friend how has a 37ft twun screw to guide me in the ways of captainship. Thanks for the advice.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Go to http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/ I checked and you can download a owners manual and a 91 page book on the 4100scr.
iantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Stl
Lt. JG

when i go to the site i cant find anything back as far as my boat.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

go to parts catalogue, the years should come up in the middle, hit 1997, for some reason 96 doesn't work, and then sports cruisers.

You'll then see a listing for the 4100scr, click on it and it gives you the parts catalogue. It shows pipe routing etc so is handy reference point
iantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #9
Stl
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantan View Post
go to parts catalogue, the years should come up in the middle, hit 1997, for some reason 96 doesn't work, and then sports cruisers.

You'll then see a listing for the 4100scr, click on it and it gives you the parts catalogue. It shows pipe routing etc so is handy reference point
I was looking through the manuals area