Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Ensign

Default New Owner of a 4600 SCB would like to talk to another 4600 owner.

As a new owner of a 4600 SCB, I would like to talk to another 4600 SCB owner. I have a few questions and am looking for advice on a coulple of topics. I would also like to pay to have a copy made of the 4600 SCB owners manual.

Flightlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Ensign

Welcome aboard. I purchased mine 13 months ago and had a great summer with the 46. I have a PDF copy of the owners manual and would gladly send you a copy. It is to large a file to up load through the site. Try the link below it will take you to the manual.

http://www.maxumboatparts.com/manuals/1706511.pdf

dangy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Hi Flightlevel, I just finished my fourth season with my 2000 4600scb. I've done some updates on it and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. This site is great for a 4600 owner. I've had many questions answered and problems solved. Where are you located?
dbriceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
Ensign

Thanks for responding. I am located in Pascagoula/Gautier Mississippi. The name of my boat is the "Dream Catcher". I purchase it a month ago and have only been able to take it out twice. We bought the boat on a Thursday and unfortunately my wife had open heart surgery the following Monday, so we are really looking forward to this upcoming summer. She is making a good recovery. Like any boat, I've encounter a lot of small problems and would like to talk to owners, like yourself. I would also like to hear about the upgrades that you have made with your boat. I hope to take my boat to the Bahamas when I retire. Possibily even do the loop?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #5
Ensign

Thank you for your response. I did find the web site and down loaded the pdf. The title states that it's a Supplement to the Owner's Manual. Would you know where I can get a copy of the orginal manual. I really need the electrial diagrams to troubleshoot a couple problems.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #6

FlightLevel. Most problems aren't model specific. They all have the same or similar systems which all work basically the same way. Just ask your questions. No need to find someone specifically with that model to get good info.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Ensign

This is the only manual I have been able to find so far. If you look closely at this supplement manual you will notice there are A/C and D/C diagrams and cable routing diagrams. With this information you should be able to pin point any electrical concerns. Tell us what type of problems you are encountering and maybe we can help.
dangy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
Lieutenant

If you give cummins your engine serial numbers they can generate boat specific manuals but they get around $70 per manual (2 required).