Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Holding tank on 4100 SCR

anyone know how to access the holding tank I'd like to "clean" it out. I'm assuming it has an access plate in it.
regards,
Carl

Carld1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #2

Holding tank? As in the WASTE tank? Not that I'm aware of. What is the problem you're having? You can flush it out, but filling it with water, then pumping it out, then repeating. You can use copius amounts of holding tank sanitation chemicals as well. Use freshwater, not saltwater.

However, we don't typically work for busy work on a recreational item. You never have to look far to find something to do on boat, and I've never seen one without a working todo list.

So, it sounds like you're attempting to address a problem. Head odor?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Lt. JG

We have a 4100 sca and the tanks buried under the floor at the foot of the bed. We had our carpet replaced and when it was stripped up and the old padding scrapped off, there still was no access panels. About the only thing we can see is where the hoses hook up at the aft of the tank, and that's pretty limited. I guess Maxum figured they'd never be a problem. Knock on wood!!!!
Celtic Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Ensign

thanks for your input guys. My last boat (Ocean Alexander) had a clean out for the waste/holding tank. Could not get the smell out so finally hired a Seattle company that used a miniture pressure washer to break up the solit waste that had accumulated over the years. That fixed the problem and didn't come back for the 10 + years I owned that boat. Would like to do the same with this one.....
Carld1234 is offline   Reply With Quote