Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Admiral

Talking FINALLY!!!...a weekend free of chores and work

so...we're heading out for this coming weekend....I'm going nuts with no boating, all I've been able to do is hug the boat each weekend....
the weather has finally given us a break this coming weekend and it looks like a boating weekend can be planned...
I think we'll either head to Poulsbo or Bremerton...depending on time to get to the boat and load gear ..then head down river .....we maybe able to get to either place before sunset...
if not, we'll overnite at everett and head down there friday morning...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

You might luck out with the weather... looks to be gorgeous this weekend. I'm envious. We still have a laundry list of things to get in order before our first float of 2010.

Post Pics! Enjoy.

Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #3

Man, I'm jealous!!!!! I don't get put in until Mid MAY. I HATE living in New England!!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Weekends "free of chores and work" are always GREAT weekends and even more great and more special when you are on the water! You "winterized" guys must be getting very excited about spring and summer and here's wishing ALL of my fellow Maxum boaters (really ALL boaters) a long, safe, exciting and fun 2010 boating season. I look forward to many reports and photos!!!
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
Weekends "free of chores and work" are always GREAT weekends....
I've heard of such but never thought they actually existed. Kinda like unicorns - mythical. No-no, if I have a weekend free of chores and work it's only because I decided to ignore the things I really should be doing and opted to go boating instead! Wooohooo!

Just spoke with the service center at my marina this morning, having them change the raw water pump and replace the fuel/water separator. Am hoping they will do it before they get super busy putting all the big boats back in the water. Once they do their work I'll bring the boat home and start on the projects I have lined up.

It'll probably be May before mine gets wet!

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Admiral

slight change of plans...not heading for poulsbo or bremerton...we're heading to pt. hudson ....nice little marina right in town at port townsend....really nice...sometimes the water is pretty snotty getting there..but the weather is supposed to cooperate....
of course the weather guessers are never wrong here

but...if they actually get it right...should be a nice 2 hr ride from my boat to Pt. Hudson....

and yes..chores are those mythical notions that only exist to drive us nuts.....and it works

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
Captain

ppppffffftttttt the only thing to look for is 2 times to the theatre ( 1 time stand up comedian and 1 time sister act) but still no boating this month, i'll hope to let her swim again in the first week of april....we'll see how the weather will be in holland....in germany in the sauerland (only 300 km away from almere) still more than 1.2 meter of snow (and believe me....for this time of the year.....its exeptional....)

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
Lt. JG

Good Luck SeaPuppy hope everything goes well...I too am planning our first dip of the year this weekend, dewinterized the jewel and fired her up yesterday. Looking forward to doing a little cruising the local lake Saturday and hopefully everything will go smooth. Only have about 30hrs on the new 7.4L I installed last summer so anxious to turn a few more hours on her.

Hope EVERYONE has a safe and enjoyable spring and summer of boating.

WR
Whiskey River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
Admiral

welp!!!..I wished I could say it was a good weekend...but it wasn't ...it was windy and really got ugly last nite....we got up to listen to the noaa reports on the vhf and heard that the winds and waves were supposed to calm down at 9am....boy did they lie.....we got thru the indian island passage headed south at the mouth of the hood canal, only to get pounded...4ftrs building to "oh my god" size....we saw sky and buried the bow several times .....if anyone thinks that bayliners are cheap boats....let me tell you how wrong they are.....I can't be sure cuz I was driving but I can tell you we were darned near vertical several times....things inside were tossed all over the boat but the boat performed perfectly.......we got soaked a few times..water over the back of the boat...but overall it got us home...and that was the ugliest water we've ever been in.......
took us 3 hrs to get home and I still need to go back to the boat and wash it ..clean it up ...and get her ready for the next trip....

oh yeah...anyone out here drink Mac and Jack beer???..well...we met Jack....he's a crack up....drives this gorgeous 55ft boat ....

SP...
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
Captain

hai pup,

sad to read that the weather was horrorble in the states, and because of that the first trip of this season was not such a succes for you and your family.....but remember....what you became last weekend wont come again......here in holland the sun is shining and it's about 14 C (57 F) last weekend also 3 days out of duty on the bus.... so on sunday we cleaned the boat....and today it was time to let her swim again........and believe me.......she loved it, and she is still floating.....now 2 days of working but thursday a day off again......weather forecast 17 C (62 F) so let's hit the gas handle.....enjoy and relax......yes it's boating time......

to all of you where ever you live.....have a safe.... but overall happy boat season

greatz from the netherlands....ed & inge
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #11
Lt. Commander

Glad to hear you and yours are ok, SP. I've seen that water down around the Hood Canal change all too quickly.

I would ask for pics again, but during our last "rough water" crossing on the West side of Orcas, we were taking too thorough a beating to play with a camera. Burying the bow of a boat that size is an impressive sight, I can imagine! Water aft?!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Admiral

Jim
thanks...it was definitely a beating..and nope..didn't have tme to do anything but drive the boat and try and keep the admiral from going nuts...I'm always amazed at how she falls apart in big water......yep..we had a friend of ours with us in his bayliner 2455 and he took some high jumps and did the same thing..buried the bow on his boat so many times he thought it was a submarine...
I wished I could have gotten a few pic's cuz nobody would believe we were out there in that mess

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 03-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #13
Lt. Commander

My Admiral tends to do the same, but she's getting better each year. I spent quite a bit of time on the water as a kid, but her, not so much. She's still getting her sea legs and figuring out what kind of conditions are critically dangerous. I think going through the Power Squadron course this last winter will help her out considerably. I'm tempted to getting one of those windshield mounted RAM arms just for those kinds of days.

Me? I would rather be in big water than get "brown-misted" during a pump out session, but that's a different story altogether.