Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
Commander

Default Camper back or aft curtain?

Have a 95 3200 scr, previous owner didn't keep the enclosure, other than the mooring cover. In any matter, I'm now shopping for new canvas and am thinking for some extra room, hang a small bimini off the arch (about 1.5 ft) and make a camper back. Or, I regular slant aft curtain would be a lot simpler and less expensive. But, how much sitting room is in the cocking with the slant curtain? Can one sit on the end of benches towards the aft without having their head rub up against the canvas. Given I'm paying to get this done, am wondering if the extra cost of the camper will be worth it. So, anyone with slant cover, how is the room in side? And anyone with an extended camper back, same question. Thank.s

jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
Admiral

personally I'd get the camper back..the extra room is definitely worth it.....

the slant back makes life tough for the people that want to sit back there.....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Captain

Jam, my dock neighbor has a 3200 with his slant back up. I will snap a couple pics to give you an idea. I just had the small bimini extension made for the rear of my arch. I love it, looks and function(shade) is great. I had her make it with all the zippers to finish the camper back. Doubt I will ever have the rest made, our winters are so mild can't justify making the rest. I think I have a couple pics of the extension....be right back....
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
Captain

Couple pics....
Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
Commander

That's exactly what I am looking for and that's what I am pricing out, that rear bimini extension looks great in these pics! I'm thinking to add that with side privacy curtains and a 3 section back curtain, all privacy, with a rollup door section. New bimini top as well, all new front/side glass, and a middle screen section for the walk through window that I can take down the middle glass panel and put up the screen for front/back ventilation. Add to that all new vinyl for the cockpit and new carpeting. I'm waiting for the fabricator to come back with the price and see if I survive the heartattack after I see the cost. I have someone in the marina with the aft curtain, but I never see the owner, and I won't open it to pop my head in, just not my style to enter someone's boat without asking.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
Captain

New cockpit vinyl and carpeting.....$$$$$$. What kind of carpeting are you looking at? I would like to replace mine also. I want to bring the edges of the carpet right to the fiberglass sides..zero spacing...Also thinking of making the two rear carpet pieces(over engine hatches and along by the ice maker) one single piece....
Old 09-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
Admiral

go to corinthian carpets here on the forum....he can manufacture a set of carpets ...contact him and he can send you a template kit....make the carpet template to the pattern you want...send it back....they will have the carpets made and sent to you amazingly quickly......I ordered swim step carpets and they were made right to my spec's....perfectly done....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
Commander

I'll check corinthian, but may wind up the same in price, or not that much less, when you throw in shipping. Plus, the places I am checking locally are getting the canvas/vinyl/carpet work, so more you buy, the cheaper it gets. Hahahaha. BOAT - Bang Out Another Thousand.

HavaMax, I'm going to go with one piece across both bilge doors, but a separate piece under under the rear-facing seat, up the walkway, past the fridge, up to the step-down. This way, I can just roll the bilge piece carpet to port or starboard depending on which side I want to get into the bilge. If it was attached to the piece going up the walkway past the fridge, it would be hard to roll it out of the way, just my preference. Then add one for the helm. And one, for the step down itself. I saw somewhere in this forum where someone added one to the swim platform, and the transom door step as that will probably take the brunt of any dirt first and would be small/less costly to replace.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Commander

Camper back. We eliminated the slant back this past spring and LOVE it.

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...hlight=crystal

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote