Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Anchor/Pulpit missing anchor ring?

Not sure exactly what its called, but I know I'm missing some hardware that would stop the anchor from falling off the roller.

I have a 44lb Delta and there was a 35lb delta on it before. I'm assuming the previous owner removed a ring of some sort that worked with the OEM anchor.

Any ideas on what to do here? I'm sure others have had the same issue that replaced their OEM anchor.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-26 12_34_33.png
Views:	10
Size:	860.1 KB
ID:	7139

kenyu73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:18 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Just a heads up, that anchor roller looks identical to my 2900 anchor roller which only had a small danforth style anchor with a straight shank. The ring on mine would not have been large enough to pass your plow anchor shank.

You may have to fab something up. The original is just a “U” shaped strap of 1/2”-3/4” wide stainless about a tenth to an eighth of an an inch thick. It actually attaches to the anchor roller bolt and not the open holes. I never liked that the single attachment point would allow it to move around, but adding a second bolt through the open holes would required chamfering and sinking the bolts flush so it didn’t interfere with the rod so I never did it. Maybe you can find a better solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6176.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	7140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yahoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:32 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I dont think I can do a ring. I'm thinking more of just adding something taller to the sides... right now its kinda easy for the anchor to fall off when it springs up on the roller. Just need some larger wings on the side somehow.
kenyu73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:35 PM   #4
Lt. JG

I'm in the same boat! But I can tell you that I have a 44lb CQR/ Plow anchor. No strap and the anchor and chain have beat up and bent the roller to the point of getting the rope jammed between the roller and sides. I removed and replaced the rubber roller with delrin and bent the frame back in place but I think I need the strap on the top also. Once I find some stainless plate in the garage I'm also going to thicken the sides near the end. I'm in the process of changing to a more powerful windlass so I haven't tried out anything yet. I think the concept 1 windlass and roller were more for show than actual use on my 4100.
Mike459 is offline   Reply With Quote