Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 41 SCA Wet Carpet Aft Cabin

Hello,

I have a 41 SCA, and I have had it for a while and have done many fixes and improvements. However, I cannot figure out why the carpet in the aft cabin in front of the vanity cabinet seems to get wet when the water pump is on.

I have checked everything in that area. The sink, shower, head, transom wash down shower, nothing in that area is leaking, yet every time the water pump is on, that area of the carpet starts to get wet.

I have even taken off the bulkheads and tried to get under there but there is no source of water anywhere.

cruzinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
Captain

Does it get wet when you’re on city water (constant presssure) or just when using onboard water with the pump? All the hot and cold lines aft run down the port side, so there are a few tee’s in the lines that may be the source. One other connection back there is a tee off the main line to feed the ice maker. Water can travel a long ways behind the bulkhead before wicking up into a low spot.

jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Is wet spot like this? If so, water tank sending unit was loose, replaced and problem solved.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5844.jpg  
Jorgeinseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:19 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparsons121 View Post
Does it get wet when you’re on city water (constant presssure) or just when using onboard water with the pump? All the hot and cold lines aft run down the port side, so there are a few tee’s in the lines that may be the source. One other connection back there is a tee off the main line to feed the ice maker. Water can travel a long ways behind the bulkhead before wicking up into a low spot.
It seems to only be when on the pump. The ice maker is a good thought. I will check that too.
Old 06-27-2021, 03:20 PM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgeinseal View Post
Is wet spot like this? If so, water tank sending unit was loose, replaced and problem solved.
I have been following your issue as well. My wet spot is below the cabinets. Not by the mattress. However, based on your project, I checked all the same things you did. Didn’t find anything.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
Ensign

I figured it out. It is the city water regulator where the hose connects on the transom.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:23 PM   #7
Lieutenant

Common problem. I understand that there have been more than a few boats flooded out when left unattended with city water service when it is tied directly into the boat. All it takes is a fitting crack or a PVC pipe or hose failure to have a problem. That is why I do not keep my boat water supply connected on a 24/7 basis at my Marina. I manual refill the fresh water tank as indicated by the electronics.
Patrick Bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:39 PM   #8
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bodkin View Post
Common problem. I understand that there have been more than a few boats flooded out when left unattended with city water service when it is tied directly into the boat. All it takes is a fitting crack or a PVC pipe or hose failure to have a problem. That is why I do not keep my boat water supply connected on a 24/7 basis at my Marina. I manual refill the fresh water tank as indicated by the electronics.
I don't even connect to the hose. That line is always pressurized when the 120v pump is on. I finally found it and replaced the regulator. I had to basically lay inside the bilge until I saw something drip.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:42 PM   #9
Commander

If we were staying on the boat in a slip for more than an overnight I used to turn the water off every time we'd leave the boat for more than an hour or so. Bit of a pain, and I forgot sometimes. To stop worrying about the broken hose/flood problem I put a water flow sensing safety block in line with my incoming dock water. Now we just leave dock water on all the time.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Water-Bl...-13R/306606840

PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote