Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 3700 scr

Hi folks, if anyone needs info or advice on a 3700 scr... I spent last summer taking it apart and putting it back together...e-mail me with questions.

Steven

slefort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Steven'
Just two questions

1. How hard was it to get your ice maker out
2. I need to replace the fresh water pump and the first line to the pressure side of the boat.

Any advise

Bill

1998 3700SCR

William Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Admiral

there should be 4-6 screws on the face around the bezzell of the fridge....you may need to pry the covers off to get to the screws..

as for the pump....if you look at the pump...there is a latch that slides into the hose and locks it into place...look at it and you will see it...use a screw driver to pop it out...it's like a fork that goes in and clamps the hose into place...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Lieutenant

Thanks for the information I am assuming that we are both talking about the ice macker on the back deck. I saw that latch but was not su[ATTACH][/ATTACH]re how it works Thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
Lieutenant

Thanks for your previous help. Can you explain in eazy turms how the battery charge is correctly wired up to all three batteries 2 house (starboard engine) 1 (port engine, oil changing system)
Old 06-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Commander

Got one for you. Last Friday evening we ran through a heavy rain and used the wipers. On Sunday evening it rain again but this time my starboard wiper was dead. Even the light it the switch didn't come on. The port still works fine. I looked at the 20 or so push type resettable breakers below the helm and none are labeled wipers and none were tripped. I looked everywhere and have found no wiper breaker. I took the 4 screws out of the small panel and pulled the hot wire off the port switch and plugged it in to the starboard switch. The wiper worked and we cruised on home.

1. I printed out the wiring schematic and the power wire goes back to plug DC1. Were is DC1 located, where does the 12v originate?
2. Is there a fuse or circuit breaker for the wiper? If so where is it?

Thanks for any help, David

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slefort View Post
Hi folks, if anyone needs info or advice on a 3700 scr... ...e-mail me with questions.
hi Slefort. since you have at least 8 posts I'll assume you've already received a hearty WELCOME!!! However I'll risk it and extend one again.

Please don't take help/advice discussions offline. The Forum is here for everyone to participate. Even old topics and threads are searched on and the archives become more rich with content as more people participate. Extending an offer for assistance and advice is fantastic and Always welcome. However, let's try to keep the dialogue online. Taking it offline goes against the communal nature of a forum.

Many thanks to all for understanding. I'm officially off of my soapbox.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Lieutenant

Slefort

Thanks for the help with the ice maker. Took it out and to a local repair shop $200.00 and it is working like new
Old 06-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #9
Commander

Fixed it! Took the main switch panels off and traced the wire from the wiper switch all under the dash and final to the main breaker panel under the helm. Turns out that DC1 is the main breaker panel. The port wiper is connected to the circuit breaker labeled "Accessory 2" and the starboard wiper to "Accessory 3". It would have save me a couple hours if Maxum would have labeled them "Wiper". Turns out to be a faulty breaker.
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ferrell View Post
Slefort

Thanks for the help with the ice maker. Took it out and to a local repair shop $200.00 and it is working like new
William
Having a problem with my ice maker also and can't seem to get it out. Any suggestions?
Timski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
Lieutenant

It was a real pain. This might no be the correct way but it worked and I did not break anything
First take the 2 plastic parts off (the cup holded and base ) They are held on by caulk but go slow with a very thin putty knife
2 using that knife go around the inside of the ice maker frame between it and the fiberglass to break it loose. It is a really tight fit but keeping it level it will come out go to Elkton Hardware and replace the water line with one that in more flexable it is around $1.00 a foot Take one of the connecters with you to get the correct size

Note the other end of the line is connected to the main Water supply on the port side just above the fuel tank I hope you are a little thiner than I am The repair shop Hawkins & Sons 302-998-1010
Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
Lieutenant

Did you get my first post if not I will resend Hawkins & Son 302-998-1010 is the service center in Elsmere First remove the plastic cup holder and base they are held on with caulk use a very thin putty knife and go slow next using that knife go aroud the inside of the frame on top and then the sides. keep it level and pull it out a little / Disconnect the water line from the ice maker and then remove it. Go to Elkton Hardware and get a more flexable line to reinstall it is connected to the main water line on top of the port fuel tank
Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #13
Lt. JG

Got it - does sound like a pain!
Thanks Bill
Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
Lieutenant

Are you selling your boat and getting out of boating or getting a different one
Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #15
Lt. JG

Temporary exit. Did you see it on CraigsList?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #16
Lieutenant

Default Back Deck Seats

The forward seat on the back deck not the drivers seat screws appear the be too long. when you walk on it or my grand children do they feel a point and if I push down on it I can feel something sharp How can I remove that seat and replace those screws
Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Lieutenant

Sir I would truly want to thank you for your help and my 12k ac unit under the sofa is going to need to be replaced this winter but I can not seem to find a way to take that area of the sofa apart
Old 01-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #18
Ensign

I just purchased a 2000 3700SCR. It has 7.4 MPI Mercs. Would anyone know the fuel burn/speed numbers?
Charopato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:26 AM   #19
Admiral

Charprato, welcome aboard.

Not an expert with these big boats but I would guess around 15 gph for each engine at cruising speed.

I am sure folks with this model will reply in the next few days for real life data.

Enjoy that new to you boat and congrats

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #20
CGG
Lt. Commander

Congratulations on your new boat! I own a 2000 3300SCR with 5.7's and I get 1 mile to a gallon when cruising. Hope that helps. Be sure to post some pictures of that beauty!

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote