Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2004 3100 cabin configuration?

Hi, We've been looking at a 2000 3300 but can't come to an agreement on price, now looking at a couple of 3100s. The first was a 2002, very nice boat with new canvas, we really like the cockpit, but the next to see is a 2004 with the different cabin configuration. . . the v-seating area up front with newer colors and wood cabinetry. Can anyone comment on how they like this configuration? Has anyone purchased bedding for that front birth? And we're having a debate about how much we're REALLY going to sleep on the boat.

Polverizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

WE sleep in the mid cabin. The v-berth is nothing but a storage shelf and a second bunk for the occasional overnight guest. We sleep on the boat Friday and Saturday night every single week from spring until fall. I'd love the settee to be wrap around up in the forward section that can convert into a berth. We would use that far more than the storage shelf.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Ensign

I'd love the settee to be wrap around up in the forward section that can convert into a berth. We would use that far more than the storage shelf.

Not sure what you mean. . . the forward section is good for nothing but storage? What storage shelf are you referring to? I do like the forward cabin area on the 2002 better even tho the bed is odds=-shaped but the mid berth is very enclosed in and feels clausterphobic. The 2004 mid berth is much more open to the cabin.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polverizer View Post
Hi, We've been looking at a 2000 3300 but can't come to an agreement on price, now looking at a couple of 3100s. The first was a 2002, very nice boat with new canvas, we really like the cockpit, but the next to see is a 2004 with the different cabin configuration. . . the v-seating area up front with newer colors and wood cabinetry. Can anyone comment on how they like this configuration? Has anyone purchased bedding for that front birth? And we're having a debate about how much we're REALLY going to sleep on the boat.
OK, so we're equally challenged by some vague descriptions. I'll see if I can clarify. You mention different cabin configurations, but only descibe one as having v-seating. These boats came in 2 configurations. A true v-berth, and a convertable settee. The true v-berth is just that, a dedicted v-berth. The other is the v-seating, which is a v shaped settee that converts into a vberth. Since you were looking at 2 configurations and described one as v-seating, i made the assumption you had also looked at dedicated v-berths, with a galley settee amidships off to either port or starboard across from the galley.

The dedicated v-berths have underneath storage, but cannot convert into a settee. Therefore, since we sleep in the midcabin (some might refere to it as an aft cabin) we don't use the vberth for anything but a giant cushioned storage shelf. Yes, obviously it is a berth and used for just that, but in my case, I can only sleep in one place at a time, so for our needs, it turns out that the vberth does us no good except for tossing stuff up there and the occassional overnight guest.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Ensign

We have the wrap around seating in the forward berth that converts to a bed and love it. I had to remake the table since the base cracked due to the table not being fully supported with those weak plastic supports. I attached three legs to the bottom so when i lower it it is totally supported. Had the base re-welded, now all is well. We find it very open and comfortable sleeping up there.
Captain Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Ensign

Sadly the 2004 3100 we wanted to pursue has sold. But thanks for the input, we're still looking and we'll certainly consider the wrap around seating.