Old 07-30-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 1999 4100 SCA questions

1. Looking to put that teak rubber flooring down up on the bridge and down on the back sitting area. Any idea's as to what product to use or where I might find a template if I do it myself ?
2. looking for the make of the bar tap that be beside the icemaker, I need to replace the valve that the handle goes onto and without the make of the tap I'm running into dead ends as to where to source one.
3. my Port engine glow plug lamp wont shut off, looking for possible causes.

Thanks all, has been a slow start to the season here in Ontario but finally mother nature has warmed up for us.

RayTrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
Commander

A couple of years back we had a local pro put in EVA as a replacement to our snap in carpet on the bridge and sundeck area. Laser templated everything out, removed all the old snap and filled the gel coat. Cleaned area and installed. ~$2K

PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Location: Live in Mandevill, LA - Boat in Pensacola & Perdido, FL

Not sure what you are referring to " my Port engine glow plug lamp wont shut off, looking for possible causes." If you have the Cummins diesel that Maxum used for the SCA's, they don't have glow plugs. They do have air heaters on the Aftercoolers to assist in cold temps starting.
Glenn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:16 AM   #4
Admiral

Bar Tap? You have a keg-orator on board?
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:30 AM   #5
Lt. JG

Thanks for all those replied.
In regards to Question #1, yes it looks like EVA product is what I need for the swim platform, thanks.
#2 Apparently in Canada they did install glow plugs in the Cummins engine due to the colder weather North of the border. On the stb side when the key is turned on the indicator lamp glows for about 20 seconds then goes out, I can hear it click in indicating the cylinders are heating up. The Port side the indicator lamp lights up, I don't hear the click sound as I did the stb side and the lamp doesn't go out, The marina mechanic believes there is a short or a broken connection.
#3 Thanks to Sea Ray they said the Entertainment cold water faucet that I have is made in Italy and parts or a replacement faucet can be purchased from a company in Florida called Scandvic Inc.
RayTrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Location: Live in Mandevill, LA - Boat in Pensacola & Perdido, FL

Hi Ray, It seems like the air heater on the Cummins engines are sometimes referred to as "glow plugs". Not the type you normally think of -- like a spark plug on a gas engine that actually penetrates the head on the engine as the injectors do, or like the type you might have on your Westerbeke gen set. On the Cummins engines the air heaters are controlled by a "complex" system of relays. They are located near the starter relay on the stbd side of the engine. There are a Lot of discussions regarding this air-heating circuit/components on the 6B series of engines. If I may, you can read a lot about them on the sbmar.com web site. Mostly, they recommend disabling the standard circuit and installing oil heating pads to the bottom of the oil pan. There seems to be a lot of reasons for this, not the least of them is reliability/complexity of the standard system.
Good luck.

Glenn111 is offline   Reply With Quote