Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default 1998 SCR3200 Dinette/Berth Conversion Question

I don't have an owners manual for my boat (if anyone does, please let me know!) Otherwise, I could figure this out on my own. In the past few years we've had no need to use the dinette area as a berth. An onboard grandma will prompt the need...lol

I don't know how the conversion works completely. I know that the table is removed and then slides along a couple of wood rails below the seating benches to complete the base of the berth. However, unlike the aft berth conversion, the entire cusion assembly does not slide down and in to create a full bed. Is there a filler cushion that goes in the center portion where the tabletop now lives ? I bought this vessel from the original owner, so there is a chance that if a filler cushion goes there, he may still have it.

Thanks,
Jeff

SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Captain

hai breeze i dont know how it will work to get the dinette down.........but about your grandma we have a seaying in the netherlands.....

if you want to stay married with your wife,...... always leave the grandma at home......

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #3

There WAS a filler cushion.......at one time........somewhere. The PO probably did like I did and tossed it into storage after tripping over it and moving around the cabin 2,693 times. 2,692 was my personal limit. After 2,693 relocations of the filler cusion in the cabin it was relocated to a deep dark out of the way area in storage where it has sat to this day. The PO probably forgot about it a tthe time of sale and either still has it, or tossed it once he realized he had a filler cushion for a boat he no longer owned.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Thanks Shrew...Filler cushion was what I was leaning towards, and now you've confirmed it.
SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #5

Your year of the 3200 should still be the 'booth' style settee if I remember. My 97 2800 is like that as well as a friends 96 3200. Why they didn't design it so the backrests become the cushion is beyond me. It would have alleviated the need to carry a filler cushion and would actually give some additonal headrom/footroom for that berth. Mine is about long enough for an adolescent. I think you have more room in your 3200, however.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote