Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
hmc
Ensign

Default Questions on 94' 2400SCR out of storage

My 94' 2400SCR just arrived 18 months in storage. The windshield wiper arm/blade assembly is rusted through. Anyone know correct size and/or suitable replacement for it. Also, the engine in it is brand new. While I had in storage I also had it on consignment at marina. The last time it was started up was in May. The engine has less than few hours on it. I literally had it towed from the shop to the marina the day I deployed. Do you think the fluids are still good or should I change everything?

Thanks

hmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Admiral

hmc, welcome.

After 18 months first give the boat a warm hug
The wiper arm if not rusted to the point of breaking can be removed sanded and repainted. I did this on my 97' 2400 SCR. You'll need a puller to get it off, i used a battery ternimal puller.
I would change the fluids as cheap insurance in case any water has accumlated from condensation over 18 months.

Good luck an let us know how the recommision goes.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
hmc
Ensign

Looks like I lost my cockpit area table. I'd like to replace, the other table has a Hansen post that screws in. Can't seem to find online. Anyone know a suitable replacement pole? I can find plenty of table tops, just no pole.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
Admiral

Hmc..... I have two corian tables. Both are an oval shape and an 30 and 32 inches in width.Iiiiiii IfMake an offer.........i

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
hmc
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Hmc..... I have two corian tables. Both are an oval shape and an 30 and 32 inches in width.Iiiiiii IfMake an offer.........i

Roger
I'll take a pic of my base and pole to make sure they are compatible. If so I think I would be interested in smaller table, can you send pic? I'll go to boat today and upload from there.

John
Old 11-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #6

The table and hardware are more than likely made by Todd Industries
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Admiral

John ...pm me and I'll send you all the info.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
hmc
Ensign

Yes, it says Todd on the pole and it screws in, I guess that makes it a posi-lock?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #9

http://search.defender.com/?expression=Todd
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
hmc
Ensign

Well I finally detailed the boat, it took me a week at a few hours each day. Cleaned the carpets and bedding and got all the mildew or mold from the Florida humidity. Batteries charging great, I got it connected to shore power. Took off wiper, sanded and repainted, looks great. Thanks for the tip. I will try to free up the engine tomorrow, it would not lower. You hit the trim down and you hear it trying but no motion.

Since it sat for 18 months, last time it was run was in May for a prospective buyer. I never changed the fluids, is there link with directions I could follow, is it just the engine oil or is it more. If I was to send to Marina to do what do you think the cost would be?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Admiral

Glad you were able to restore the wiper arm.

I would change the engine oil and outdrive lube. I am not sure of the labor rate in your area but I would expect it to be ~$100.00 per hour. Assume 1 hours for the engine oil and 1 hour for the gear lube, so $200.00 for labor plus parts. You can find videos on u-tube and the westmarine WEB site for changing both. If your engine has a drain hose that is connected to the transom drain plug it will just pull out through the hole and all you need to do is remove the plug. Otherwise the oil is sucked out through the dipstick by either an electric or manual pump which can be fond on line or at any marine store. The outdrive has a drain hole on the forward bottom and a vent near the top, just remove both to drain. To fill you will need a lube pump ~$15.00 that fits onto a quart of lube and threads onto the bottom drain. Pump lube in till it comes out vent hole. reinstall plugs with new seals. If you have an Alpha it will take ~1.5quarts and a Bravo will take 3 quarts.

PS: to change either warm the engine up so the fluid will flow better.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote