Old 06-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Questions about my new 2400 scr

Hi Gang,

Just bought a 2003 2400 scr - it is in fantastic shape and just doing a few touch ups before launch this weekend. A few things - does anyone have a comprehensive launch check list that they can share? Also, filled the water tank, turned on the switches, pump was working away but no water in head or galley sink. Also, did Maxum make a full top with windows/zippers for this model or just the bimini and snap cover? If not where do I find one. Last thing...for now - best place to buy replacement snap in carpets?

Thanks - stoked about the new boat!

JT

James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Commander

Welcome Cpt Kirk,
Most guys around here recommend Leta's Top Shop for canvas. They bought all the old patterns from Maxum. There used to be a guy on the forum from Corinthian Marine Carpet who sold snap in carpets. I am in the market too, but have not yet decided where I am going to get mine. Let us know who you go with and safe boating.

-JP

CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Welcome JT
I have a 2400 scr too and just replaced the carpet and went with Corinthian after a ton of research. Corinthian had a better product and the service was great. Good luck.

Brian
BDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Admiral

welcome to the zoo...as stated...contact leta's top shop in arlington wa.....she has the patterns and can make the full camper canvas...don't email since she doesn't do emails very well ..call directly....

as for carpets...I've had really great luck with corinthian carpets ..we've posted in the general section their info....I had a swimstep carpet and carpets down into the salon........

he did a fantastic job and the price was ok....wasn't great but of course I'd rather have free than to pay out of my gas budget....

as for the water system....did you turn on the water system at the galley??...are sure the screens at each spigot is clear??...check the water lines for any kinks.....also at the pump..check to make sure the screen is clear on the side of the pump......
.it's a simple system so there should be very few trouble spots..

enjoy the boat and be safe.....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Ensign

I just upgraded my carpet to deckadence. My stock carpet is in excellent condition though. I used it last season, but I think the previous owner did not use it. It has green specks on a light color. Let me know if you are interested in it, as I really dont need it any longer.
jdeez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Ensign

I had the same problem with my 2400 when I bought it. The pump would not prime. I unscrewed it from the mount and lowered it. This reduced the "lift" and the pump primed. However, if the tank ran dry I would have to repeat this procedure. The rebuild to the stock pump was half the price of a new one, so this year I replaced it.
jdeez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #7
Ensign

Thanks for all the info - very helpful. Also looking for a 1706170 trim, entry cap hatch in suede. Seems hard to find any one comprehensive supplier of maxum parts.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #8
Ensign

Hey jdeez1 - appreciate the offer. I am changing out some of the colour scheme on board so this won't work but again thanks!