Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #1
Ensign

Default newbie need help

I was going to go thru all the old post so that I wouldn't bother anyone with a question that has already been ask. But I have so many questions that I thought it quicker if I just ask for help cause I want to get on the water . But I want to be safe.So here goes. I am aware of the drain plug at the end of the engine compartment. But I have read about a head drain plug, and also the seacock valve and that if those two are not plug that the boat could sink. I am not new to boating but my other boats where speed boats with just the drain plug on the back end. I will have my family on the vessel so I want to be very safe. I recently purchased a 2001 2400 cabin cruiser could someone please go over these plugs with me so that I dont sink the boat. Thanks

barovj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

Never have concerns about asking questions here.

Ok yes as you know there is the transom garboard plug.

There is a seaccock for the head and it can be left open but make sure the lever on the toilet is set to dry bowl.

The shower uses freshwater from the freshwater system and its waste goes into a sump and has a pump and float much like a bilge pump. The waste (gray) water is discharged through a thru hull fitting that is above the water line. There is no drain plug to worry about.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
Ensign

Mike thank you for taking the time to answer my question. So basicly if my stern drain plug is in and the toilet is set to the dry setting even if my seacock valve is left open . I should be alright. Thanks
barovj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by barovj View Post
Mike thank you for taking the time to answer my question. So basicly if my stern drain plug is in and the toilet is set to the dry setting even if my seacock valve is left open . I should be alright. Thanks
That's the way I run my 2400SCR.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #5

There is no Head Drain Plug. The head has a pickup which should have a seacock on the inside. Mike would be able to help you with the location on that model. The seacock will prevent water from entering should an intake hose rupture.

This would need to be left open during winterization and obviously during use. When I leave the boat in teh water for extended periods of time (when I'm gone for the week) I close the seacocks. They like to be used. Seacocks left open for long durations have tendency to stay open when you might find a NEED to close it.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote