Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to maxedoutagaine
Default New to site

Just wanted to say hi to all of you. I'm new to the site and would be happy to discuss Maxum issues with you all. I purchased a new 2100 SC in 1992 from a local dealer then a new 3000 SCR in 1998 from the same dealer. Very disapointed that Maxum "parts" are no longer available. I have been very lucky over the past 14 years with my 30' cruiser regarding maintenance issues. It wasn't until this year that I wanted to purchase a few small items (mostly cosmetic trim) only to find out they will not be available any longer. We're going to have issues if we ever want to sell these boats.

maxedoutagaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #2

Welcome aboard maxedoutagain!!! There are very few pars that are specific to the boat. Most parts are third party and can be easily replaced. All of the hatches are Bomar, for example. Tables are Todd. Fridge its Norcold, stove is Origo, head is Jabsco. Any canvas and uphostry place can take care of those items. There are actually very few parts that can't e replaced and fewer that can't be easily customized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxedoutagaine View Post
We're going to have issues if we ever want to sell these boats.
I seriously doubt it.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:14 AM   #3
Ensign

I'm also a new Maxum owner. I recently purchased a 2001 2700SCR and I'm working through several issues. I'm having a problem with the steering. The Maxum web site says the steering cable is 17' but it doesn't say who the manufacturer it. I hate to take the thing apart to see what it has and then order a cable. Would you happen to know who makes the steering cables ? Thanks :-)
psint is offline   Reply With Quote