Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Moving Bow Cleat

I am going to be installing a windless system on my 00 2400SCR and it needs to go in the middle of the bow where the cleat is currently installed. I was figuring I would just move the cleat over to the STBD side and get a new one for the Port side. Anyone ever install cleats on the sides? Any issues or anything I need to be watching for?

Thanks!!!

viper12161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:18 AM   #2
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper12161 View Post
I am going to be installing a windless system on my 00 2400SCR and it needs to go in the middle of the bow where the cleat is currently installed. I was figuring I would just move the cleat over to the STBD side and get a new one for the Port side. Anyone ever install cleats on the sides? Any issues or anything I need to be watching for?

Thanks!!!
I think this question is a bit old but I believe you are still active. Did you ever move the cleats to the side? I very much hate the one cleat in the middle and would like to add two to both sides as well. Wondering how it went and any issues you ran into?

austinboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:57 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Hey Austin. I did actually. As I mentioned, I put the Windless right where the existing cleat is. I actually only moved the cleat over about 6" from where it was to the Stbd side. It sits just next to the Windless. The reason I did so, was I needed something to tie my anchor line too while at anchor, and it needed to be in line with the line coming up to the Windless. So figured this killed two birds with one stone. There was tons off room to do so underneath. I am actually going to put another cleat on the Port side next to the windless in the Spring. I snapped a pic for you yesterday, but my phone ate itself, so need to wait for my new one to come in and recover the pics.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Here's a pic for ya
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210925_162909408.jpg