Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Mount LED TV

Hey guys and gals, I am looking to install a LED TV in my 2800scr and am curious is to how you guys wired it and what you use for a power supply. I dont want to have to run my Honda 2000i generator with built in inverter and dont have an inverter installed on the boat at this time. I do want to have an inverter installed but with all the input I have received I am a bit confused as to do that to be honest. Look forward to your input. Thanks Mike

Roc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #2

You're going to need to either purchase a 12V TV, install an inverter, or run the generator (when away from shore power).

The most common place to install a TV on a 2800 is on a swing mount mounted on the hanging locker in the v berth. That will allow you to watch in the V berth, or swing around so it can be viewed from the Settee. There is an outlet right there.

You can install an inverter in the bottom of the hanging locker at the stairs, then run a circuit to the outlet in the vberth behind the galley. wire in the inverter to one of the two outlets. This leaves one plug on shore power and one plug on the inverter.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:56 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Thanks Shrew! I was hoping to mount it on the bulkhead that separates the head and the dining table as I have seen in many applications. Just wasn't sure where to run the cables. I guess I am going to need to do a bit more research on inverter installs, or find someone to do the job with me so I can actually see how it is done and what else I need to do to power the inverter.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:12 PM   #4

You can do that too. You are already participating in a older thread where a member did just that. IMHO opinion, I would hate to have to sit on that side of the settee and have a tv behind my head and back the entire time. To me that is one of those ideas that looks better on paper than actually executed.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:17 PM   #5
Lieutenant

yah, you may be right about that. I will put more thought into it