Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Just bought a 2400scr

I am a proud new owner of a 2000 2400 scr. While I have grown up on lakes my entire life, my family always owned speed boats and pontoons, nothing of this size. With that being said, I have a couple of questions I have looked around for and am struggling to find the answer so hoping you all may help.

When it comes to this boat, a control panel is a completely foreign thing to me. I have air conditioning so I have two lines coming into my boat. Line one, my understanding is it should run everything but the a/c. Line two should run the a/c. Unfortunaly my slip this year only has 1 outlet so I can only run 1 line. What I am confused about is the switch for line 1 and 2. I have tried both lines out, they both work and ac runs good, but there is a little black switch that says 1 and 2 and I can’t figure out what it is for. Also, on the panel there is a switch for “receptacles”, what does that switch run?

Lastly, on the dash there are 2 switches for acc. What do those two control? I can’t seem to find anything that they are powering.

If you all have any other tips or tricks, they would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance.

austinboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #2
Captain

You are correct. With optional ac, there is a second shore power line in. The black switch selects which line the voltmeter is reading. It has no function other than switching the meter readout from one line to the other.

The breaker for receptacles controls the power to the cabin 120v household outlets.

WRT the ACCY switches, these were provided by Maxum for expandtion/adding additional 12v accessories. (chart plotter, radar, addl lighting etc.). If the previous owner(s) didn’t add any devices, they won’t be connected to anything.

jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Admiral

My 1997 2400 also has A/C. Attached is a picture of my panel, does yours look like this? The switch is for the meter to read either line 1 or line 2 input voltage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01474.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	6904

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
Ensign

That is exactly what mine looks like, thank you for the help. Couldn’t figure out for the life of me what that switch would be for.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:47 PM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparsons121 View Post
You are correct. With optional ac, there is a second shore power line in. The black switch selects which line the voltmeter is reading. It has no function other than switching the meter readout from one line to the other.

The breaker for receptacles controls the power to the cabin 120v household outlets.

WRT the ACCY switches, these were provided by Maxum for expandtion/adding additional 12v accessories. (chart plotter, radar, addl lighting etc.). If the previous owner(s) didn’t add any devices, they won’t be connected to anything.
Thank for you taking the time to respond, extremely helpful!

Two other question right now, is there anything specific that is needed to be done for a pump out for the waste tank? Is there anyway to tell how much freshwater is in the boat and anything specific to put more in or just put a water hose up to the hole on the hull?
Old 09-13-2021, 02:45 PM   #6
Admiral

Unless yours was update for a monitor the only way to tell the level in the freshwater and holding tanks is to look at them in the engine compartment. To fill the freshwater tank remove the fill cap labeled water and insert a hose to fill. To pump out the holding tank go to a pump out station and screw in the adapter to attach the pump out hose and open the valve.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

I wired my Fish finder/GPS to one of the accessory switches, the other I wired for my Windless system. You can probably tell if they are hooked up to anything if you pull the dash panel out and look at the back of the switch. If it isn't being used, it will probably only have one wire on it, on the bottom post I think, which is a ground. For pump out, my Marina has this big vacuum thing. I take off the waist cap on the hull and it kinda suctions on to the opening, and then you turn it on and out it comes until empty. No adapter needed, but that could just be due to the system they have at the dock. Levels, I just pop open the hatch and take a look. I fill the water tank until it starts overflowing...sure fire way to know it's full lol. Congrats on the new boat. I just picked up a 2400 beginning of this year. I love it. Just wish it had the AC option, but oh well.

viper12161 is offline   Reply With Quote