Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Ensign

Question Feeling dumb: how do you turn on the water flow in a 3000 SCR ?

Yeah, feeling kind of silly that I cant figure this out

I bought a winterized 3000 SCR. I have filled up the water tank but cant figure out how to get the water turned on. Ive been in the engine compartment and have looked around. Where are the levers (or whatever) to get water flow to the lines/faucets/sinks and manual head ?

HELP !

(thank you in advance)

38 Cigarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Ensign

PS- and yes, I did try using the search feature first but nothing came up..

Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Admiral

Dear cig.......down in the cabin, face the sink and on your left side of the window wall you should see two switches. One is cream color the other is red. The red switch turns on the water pump in which allows you to turn on your facuets to give the line its pressure. The cream color switch turns on the lights that are above you.

The pump itself is over on the starboard side in the engine compartment up against the firewall.

Hope that helps

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Dear cig.......down in the cabin, face the sink and on your left side of the window wall you should see two switches. One is cream color the other is red. The red switch turns on the water pump in which allows you to turn on your facuets to give the line its pressure. The cream color switch turns on the lights that are above you.

The pump itself is over on the starboard side in the engine compartment up against the firewall.

Hope that helps

Roger
ROGER !!

Thank you my friend, I will try that ! I was looking for something like turn-valve's in the engine compartment !
Does this also feed water to the head and shower ? My toilet is manual if that matters.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Admiral

38, what Roger told you will provide water to the shower. The manual head most likey uses raw water from under the boat. The boat needs to be in the water for this to work. In the engine compartment there should be a sea cock for the head. Your boat probably has 2, one for the head the other for the A/C. The handle of the vavle needs to be inline with the hose for it to be open and allow raw water to be drawn to he head when you pump the handle.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
Admiral

Don't feel dumb.. It's a boat. You never know what to expect.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #7
Admiral

Cig at the bottom on the cabin steps you will see a square cut out in the carpet. That is the sea cock for your head. Alot of boaters instead of using this will use water from your faucet. I fill up a milk jug to pour into the head. I boat in a river and don't what use that water. Your a/c sea cock is in the engine compartment. That has to be open for your a/c to work duh!

When you turn that red switch on that is for the whole water system. Shower and all your faucets......4 of them.

I have a 2001 3000scr and it is a great boat!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Ensign

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
38, what Roger told you will provide water to the shower. The manual head most likey uses raw water from under the boat. The boat needs to be in the water for this to work. In the engine compartment there should be a sea cock for the head. Your boat probably has 2, one for the head the other for the A/C. The handle of the vavle needs to be inline with the hose for it to be open and allow raw water to be drawn to he head when you pump the handle.
Mike !

Thank you for this also ! I will look for those sea cock(s) in the engine compartment, I think I remember seeing them.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Cig at the bottom on the cabin steps you will see a square cut out in the carpet. That is the sea cock for your head. Alot of boaters instead of using this will use water from your faucet. I fill up a milk jug to pour into the head. I boat in a river and don't what use that water. Your a/c sea cock is in the engine compartment. That has to be open for your a/c to work duh!

When you turn that red switch on that is for the whole water system. Shower and all your faucets......4 of them.

I have a 2001 3000scr and it is a great boat!

Roger
Roger !

This is good to know, thank you for this. I occassionally boat in brackish water so this would be the method to use when doing that.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
Ensign

I've just bought a 3000scr a couple of months ago. One thing I nearly got caught out on was the weed traps (sea water filters) for the engine cooling system. Previous boats have had them as part of the engine and I asked our boat surveyor where they were and was informed there weren't any on this model. He was wrong! The 2 green inspection bottles located along the water pipes in the engine compartment have metal mesh filters. I undid the 2 bolts off the top and removed the brass ring and circular glass piece and found them - they were both completely full of silt and weed and I reckon I would have had problems sooner rather than later if I hadn't given them a clean. We are mainly river based and the weed can be pretty bad at times

Don't forget to turn the sea cocks off before opening them or you'll take in water (and remember to turn them back on again once cleaned)

Really pleased with our 3000scr hope you are happy with yours
nigelbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #11
Ensign

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelbartlett View Post
I've just bought a 3000scr a couple of months ago. One thing I nearly got caught out on was the weed traps (sea water filters) for the engine cooling system. Previous boats have had them as part of the engine and I asked our boat surveyor where they were and was informed there weren't any on this model. He was wrong! The 2 green inspection bottles located along the water pipes in the engine compartment have metal mesh filters. I undid the 2 bolts off the top and removed the brass ring and circular glass piece and found them - they were both completely full of silt and weed and I reckon I would have had problems sooner rather than later if I hadn't given them a clean. We are mainly river based and the weed can be pretty bad at times

Don't forget to turn the sea cocks off before opening them or you'll take in water (and remember to turn them back on again once cleaned)

Really pleased with our 3000scr hope you are happy with yours
Good to know about those weed traps, thanks !
Old 09-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelbartlett View Post

Are you sure you have a closed cooling system?? If you only have two sea strainers, they are likely NOT for the engines. I have two also on my '98 3000SCR. One is for the generator, the other for the A/C. Boat is for sale if you know anyone looking!

SWFLHarborHopper is offline   Reply With Quote