Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Extended Swim Platforms

Happy Friday everyone! So we have decided this years winter project will be to install an extended swim platform. We have a 2000 2800SCR. Has anyone had any experience good/bad with www.swimplatforms.com or any other manufacturer? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

M & M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Admiral

Hey M&M..........happy Friday back at ya............I would love to put one of these platforms.....got to work it in the budget. Try http://swim-platform.com

I think this might a different website. Where in Illinois are you from and boat? There has been a couple of boaters on this website that have done what your thinking about and with good results.

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...-Swim-Paltform

M & M:
I've never pasted a link to a previously-discussed subject, so let me know if this works.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
Ensign

2002 2400SCR with a swimplatforms.com installed on my driveway in a day, I cannot imagine my boat without it.
jdeez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
Captain

here already sunday in the afternoon..........not such a heppie the peppie weather, and our weekend is almost over........is'nt there a place in heaven where we can complain about this last summer and ask them to give us a better next year

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Thanks for the response everyone! I tried searching swim platforms in the thread search, but since platform was spelled wrong in their post description I couldn't find it.

Bigger, we boat on the Chain O Lakes in Northern Illinois. Beautiful area, been boating here for years. If you ever come out there, just go to the Sandbar area and look for us, we have a BIG picture of 2 M&M's on the back of the boat!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

I have been looking into installing one on my 1997 2400SCR, and I like the looks of the www.swimplatforms.com model. www.swim-platform.com just doesn't look like it's fit and finish are as good. I frequent a few other boating sites and have heard nothing but good reviews from www.swimplatforms.com Actually another boater and I are looking at going together this January and maybe getting a little discount on crating and freight.
tjwieseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
Lt. JG

I haven't personally had anyone that ordered from swimplatforms.com, but everyone is saying that their friends that have ordered from them are very happy with the product. You actually spoke about getting a discount, a friend of ours has a 98 2800SCR maxum and they said they would give us a discount if we ordered together and shipped to one location. Not a bad deal if you can get other boaters to order at the same time!

Let me know your experience, we are going to be ordering in the next few weeks. If you haven't already gotten a quote, you can request one on their website. They got back to me in 30 min with pricing and have been VERY responsive with answering my questions.

Let me know what they say about a discount for you too!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
Admiral

M&M .........Never have boated in the chains.........My first new bayliner( 1988 2150) I almost bought from Fox Harbor. I used to work for CNW railroad in Chicago during the 80's and knew alot of fellow worker that boated in the Chain-o-lakes. I get on the their website everyonce in while (bikini shots)www.funonthefox.com

In fact we will be up in Elgin in October for a Power squadron conference.........
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
Lt. JG

We are at the marina right next door to Fox Lake Harbor, been there for years, love the people and the marina. As for that website that you speak, there may be a few pictures of us on there from over the years (well, probably more than a few!) LOL! It's a small world sometimes! You probably know a few people that we do, since boating here is like a small famly, with much gossip and some drama, but family to say the least!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

M & M, I won't be doing anything until this spring, probably March or so. Let me know how it goes with yours.

If you are on the Chain-o-Lakes, have you ever seen a 2400SCR named "Blank Check" the old owners name was Robert Nash. I purchased my boat from him last year.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
Lt. JG

Hmm, not sure I know that boat. With it being literally a bunch of lakes linked together, we might have missed eachother where we were at. Anyways, congrats on the new boat!

We plan on doing this project this winter, probably purchasing in Dec/Jan and then installing right after, I will definately let you know how it goes!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #13
Lt. Commander

Well today was the day! We installed two extended swim platforms on a 1995, and 1997 2400 SCR. Everything went well! The swim platforms from swim platforms.com were very well constructed and we couldn't believe the gel coat match, fit and finish. Attached are my before and after pictures.

It took about 7 hours total for both boats, but all in all it was very manageable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333247234.565870.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333247260.795135.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333247271.306198.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333247301.783500.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
MCM
Lieutenant

I love the picture of the platform for the 3200 on http://www.swimplatforms.com/ ...so much so that I requested a quote.

http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net...0/Default.aspx

"Aurora" 1996 Maxum 3200 SCR - Poulsbo, WA
MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #15

The only thing holding me back from getting one of these is the idea of drilling and screwing into the transom below the waterline. BTW, are the support arms screwed or bolted into the transom? 7 hours for 2 installs is prety good. I'm hearing on avg. 6-8 hours for one. I'm going to guess that the second one took 1/2 as much time as the first. LOL Looks great. I'd love to put the grill out there on a post mount.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Lt. Commander

Yes, the first time you drill holes in the transom is a little daunting. All in all it is an easy job if you have all of the right tools. We installed them at my shop, so we had access to a forklift to hold the platform in place while drilling the holes. We used 3M 5200 so as long as I cleaned all of the surfaces and injected it into the holes, I wasn't too worried about drilling the holes. The time to install was probably around 4 for the first and 3 for the second. I would hate to not have access to the forklift though. I could see it taking longer.

You bolt through the existing swim platform and there are 1-1/4 stainless steel lag bolts that go into the transom. So you aren't drilling all the way through.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
Lt. JG

i just got done putting my swim platform on and lets just say it is worth all the money and time. it took us a little while longer with have to shave some stuff down to have a snug fit but it awesome. The extra space on the back is amazing and the ladder it comes with is much longer then the manufatured one with the maxum's. They are a must have now that i have put one on and see how much extra space you get with them. I will post pics later
Nauti Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Lt. JG

Cool I just put one on.

The platform is the best addition I can think of. We have a 2400 the added space and ability to board the boat is great. We will post some pics.

BDOG is offline   Reply With Quote