Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Diesel float Maxum 3000

Hi. This is a questionm from a Maxum 3000 owner in Norway: Does anyone knows where the diesel level float (is that the correct word?) is located at the starboard tank on a Maxum 3000? My gauge is stuck on 3/4 when the ignition is on, and goes down when the ignition is turned off, so i think I should have checked the float in the tank?
Thanks

ulven71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

On the top fo the tank, there should be some access ports. I believe this is a twin engine. There should be 2 fuel lines, one to each access port. If there is a generator, there will be a fuel line for the generator as well. There should be a couple of wires coming from one of the access ports. This should be your fuel sender. So an access port for each fuel consumming device and one with wires for the sender. Remove the one with wires and you should find you sender and float attached to it.

I hope this helps.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
Ensign

Hi. Thanks, but the problem is that I canot find the access port for the starboard fuel tank?
I hope anyone can give me a tip?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Hi, (port side) I know if you remove / shift to one side the inner lining under the sink you can access the sender unit .As far as the starboard side goes I had to access the fuel line coupling from the engine bay and that was with the generator out (not fun).As far as the sender unit I don’t think you can reach the sender unit from there. The only thing I can think of (if possible) is to remove the side panel from the Bat cave. The tank is just behind the panel. I hope you fined out how in case I need to go there some day
Tony
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
Ensign

Hi Tony. Just one question, what or wher is the bat cave? I will try your advice as soon as the boat is out of water for winter, and if I find out I will let you know. Thanks.Kjetil