Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Cabin Fever

Boaters, this has been an extremely long winter and looks like we still have a little ways to go. I have attended boat shows and have purchased everything on my wish list. Now I have nothing to do but wait for warmer weather and opening day at the Marina. Soon it will be warm sun and relaxing waves. Kind of makes you wonder what the other half are thinking.

R Matta
2008 Maxum 2900SE
R MATTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
Admiral

boy...I've been there.....done that and even have tee shirts to prove it.....this yr wasn't bad for me...we went to several boat shows...
I got all of our honey doo's done on the boat...we have a big leak in the mid bilge....hopefully it's covered on the warranty......but...the weather has been really awesome and we're having an early spring......it's looking like we're having an early summer..I hope..

hang on guys..it will be boating season soon....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Lt. JG

LOL. sp... Must be nice living in an area that offers an extended boating season, I could only imagine! I hope that we to start to see a little bit of a warm up. The Marina informs us that our dock has broken an anchor line and will need repaired once the ice has melted. I hope you get your leak fixed in short order; I've never been to Wa but I do hear you have a rainy season?! Although I have a lot of work to do installing a battery bank/inverter/charger I must say I am looking forward to a great season. I'm sure that since you (SP) knows what its like to have a new boat delivered how exciting it is. I sure hope you are right about having an early Summer, we on the North East coast sure could use a break. LOL Never soon enough!!!

R Matta
2008 Maxum 2900SE
Old 03-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Not suffering to much from cabin fever, since I've got soooo many other projects to fill the hours, but I'm definitiely longing to be back on the boat.

Looking forward to the weather breaking here in Northern Virginia. I think my plan of attack, come early April, is to bring the boat home from the marina and park it in the side driveway. Take 2 or 3 weekends to knock out the projects I have planned for the boat. Haul it back down to the marina for it's first splash by the start of May.

Can't wait!

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Dan, You all in VA are fortunate enough to have an earlier spring. Although I have other things to occupy myself with I still have plenty of time to dwell about being out on the water.... I hope all your projects turn out ok.

R Matta
2008 Maxum 2900SE
Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
Admiral

Yeah RM, while our Spring comes a little sooner than yours, it's doesn't show up that much earlier - a couple of weeks or so. Unfortunately, doesn't matter when Spring springs, my boat isn't getting wet until I knock out the projects I have lined up for it. Trim tabs, 2nd battery with switch, detail the hull (compound and wax) being the big time consumers. A few other small things to take care of.

Am soooo looking forward to doing the projects and floating the boat!

Dan
Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Admiral

Dan
take lotsa pic's man...we want to supervise the mods!!!

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
Lt. JG

The weather for the past two weeks has been beautiful with warm days and plenty of sun. Unusual for Portland this time of year. With the weather so nice I decided to get the boat out and perform my spring maintenance. I completed it yesterday so today is cloudy and cold with a chance of snow tomorrow. Can you believe it. At least the boat will be ready when the weather clears up.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
Dan
take lotsa pic's man...we want to supervise the mods!!!
SP
I will. Went down to the marina this past Sunday to take measurements and photos for the tab and battery installs.

There really is no good place to put the batt's in this boat but I think I have a plan. Will need to make a platform for them to sit upon which will be installed lower in the bilge right next to the engine on the port side. I'm a little concerned about the effects of heat from the engine so will also figure out a heat shield of some sort. The center of gravity will be lower, I'll have a little more weight on the port side - which I need, and both batts will be further forward than the single battery was - reducing weight a little at the transom. A bonus is that existing cables are already more than long enough and the battery switch will be installed more or less above them, so the new cables will only need to be a foot - maybe two, long. In that location I should be able to squeeze in either 2 group 24's, or 1 24 and 1 27.

When I get started I'll open a thread under "Projects".

Dan
Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
Captain

yes the winter takes his time this year, also here in the netherlands.....started 19th of december with 3 periods of much snow.....that's gone now, but during the nights it's still -7 C (19.4 F to you). 2009 the boat was already swimming....but now it's still on her trailer, waiting for a warmer temp. and her boss to service and polish her for the coming summer. but as it looks now that can take a few weeks more our national weathermen says.......(i'll hope he is so wrong)

greats from holland, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

OK...."there's one in every crowd"............to my winterized fellow boating friends, I feel your pain. Last weekend it was raining hard, breezy and cold (for us) here and we were unable to launch. That makes for only the 3rd weekend I have not been on the boat since we bought it last August and I went stir crazy.

(ducking for the incoming remarks now!).

Here's wishing YOU are ALL back on the water VERY soon!
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
Admiral

Oh shut up Brian.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
Lt. JG

We had a beautiful weekend here in PA last weekend... I went to the Marina to check things out, even though the new boat will not arrive until April 16th it felt good just being near the water again. 3 more weeks until boating season!!! Yahoo!!!

R Matta
2008 Maxum 2900SE