Old 07-25-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
Commander

Default 95 3200 SCR Fuel Sender

Hello folks,

Anyone know the part number for the fuel sender in this boat? The one I have now was put in by prior owner and is too short. Its a large tank about 36 inches deep so none of the after market ones do because they arent long enough.

One in there now is about 24 inches which leaves the bottom 12 inches of the tank invisible. So I can have anywhere from 0 to 60 gallons of gas and the gauge still reads empty.

jamanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
Commander

Get a load of this. Contacted the tank manufacturer, they are still around in Florida. Back when these deep tanks were created, there were no fuel senders long/deep enough for these tanks, so all the senders installed were short. Around 8 to 9 inches short. So that leaves up to a quarter of the tank unknown. Maybe it has 45 gallons left. Maybe it has none. Anyway, they were really good to speak with and have a 33 inch stainless steel tube sender that is far more accurate. Just need to drill a hole above the tank to get access to it and install an access panel. I'll let my boat mechanic do that.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
Admiral

Very interesting. Post some pictures of where the access needs to be and of the sendor.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #4
Captain

I have a 94 3200. I thought the recessed bracket in the deck for a table post would come out to let me get to the sender. I was messing with mine because I had put over 30 or 40 gallons in my empty tank and the gage still hadn’t moved. But it’s been fine for me. I’ve never filled more than 140 of the 186 gallons before...
speedysprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
Lt. JG

I just saw your post. Here is a link to the sending unit I installed on my boat. They are very accurate. You can get them for tanks up to 60 inches deep.
Liquid Sensors - Marine Diesel, Fuel, or Water Level Sensor
Ken Kwasniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #6
Commander

My mechanic saw the table post plate and did indeed remove it to gain access to put in that long tube fuel sender. So glad it didn't need a hole drilled out. Yup, it's that kind of stainless-steel tube, around 35 inches long. Gas tank read empty before new sender was in, now it reads half full.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:07 PM   #7
Ensign

Default sender unit

Hey do you have the info for the sender you replaced in your boat
venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:19 PM   #8
Commander

I believe I bought it from here => https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-7441...l-senders.aspx

I went with the 34 inch as my tank is 36 inch.
Double check the 5-hole pattern, it only goes in one way, rotate it to ensure the bolts line up.

For my boat, I had to remove the table post holder above the tank, that allowed access to get the 34 inch sender into the tank.