Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 93-96 2700 SCR stbd cockpit lounge seat measurements?

Hi all!

I'm looking for the starboard side lounge seat for my Maxum. Seems to me that every other 2700 SCR owner is missing the same seat and it's impossible to find second hand nor are new ones manufactured anymore. Given that, the best option seems to be to build one by myself. The part number in the Maxum catalog is MM2410505.

Now I've contacted Canvas Plus (who have the original factory patterns), and they could make the seat "skin" so all I'd have to do was build the base or frame of the seat.

Are there any 93-96 2700 SCR owners out there who have the original seat in their boat and who could take measurements and pictures of this seat? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking about sawing a piece of plywood to the right size and cutting a piece of foam for it. I'd cut two round aluminum pipes to form the legs, which I'd bolt to the plywood through some metallic hinges that would make the legs foldable. Add some rubber caps to the legs so they won't scratch the deck. Finally I need a "hook" that fixes the seat to the starboard side wall, pull the vinyl skin on and hey presto we have a lounge seat.

Would that seem about right? Does anyone have an idea where I could get that "hook" that fixes the seat to the side?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
2700-scr-lounge-seat.jpg  

maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Admiral

Your plan sounds correct. If no one can provide you with the measurements you should be able to come close by measuring the new skin, may need to subtract a little to allow skin to fit over the plywood.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote