Old 10-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 3000 scr

The front cabin lights are not powering on. Bulbs are good and the others light up fine. Please advise.

Thanks

LuCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Are those that work and those that don't on the same circuit off the fuse panel? My 3300 has something like 6 interior dome light circuits. All are light blue wire color. Some were ganged together off of the OEM fuse panel, but I put them on separate fuses when I replaced the fuse blocks this summer and added circuit capacity.

Check all your fuses first, then all the wire ends in that circuit, starting at the fuse panel (power and ground, grounds should be yellow at the panel). My terminals at the fuse panels were the spade push on type and were starting to get crusty which is why I went overboard and replaced all the panels with screw-in type (Blue Sea Systems) ... but you can clean the male and female parts (or replace the female part on the wire with new) and give them a nice coating of dielectric grease to protect from more corrosion. Move on to check the ends behind the switch, then finally at the lights themselves. When you have the switch out, check for continuity across the terminals when closed. Any breaks or corrosion and you've found the issue.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:41 AM   #3
Ensign

I am looking into the breakers under the helm. I suspect a corrosion issue.

Thanks for the prompt response.
LuCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:16 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I have a 2400SCR...she was new to me this year. I had a similar issue with my cabin lights. The previous owner told there were some electrical gremlins...so I just want ahead and completely replaced my fuse block under my helm. Solved all my issues..including the cabin lights. So I would definitely check for corrosion under there.
viper12161 is offline   Reply With Quote