Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default 2600 SE Companionway Door

Does anyone know how to "easily" remove the companionway door on a 2600SE? The vinyl liner is coming loose and wants to roll up between it and the screen door. It makes it so that the screen and the solid door can't be moved independently from each other. My first guess is that it will probably require that the helm be removed in order to get to the door. I hope there is an easier way......

capav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Admiral

thinking about it...I don't see any other way for the door to come out...the dash has to come out or atleast move some can you open the instrument panels or switch panels...put one door open and the other closed...then reach in and remove the errant piece??.....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
Lieutenant

That is pretty much what I am thinking, that I will need to get the dash loose in order to get the door out. I can reach through the instrument panel and sort of get to the front side of the door and could probably manage to pull the vinyl all the way off. I want to re attach the vinyl, though. I would think that the inside surface of the door would not look very good without the vinyl covering over it. Do you know of a good adhesive that I could apply through the instrument panel that would actually hold? I have tried 3M general trim adhesive on another piece of vinyl that came loose on another part of the boat and to my dismay, it did not work very well at all. Typically 3M products work very well. I am surprised that the edge of the vinyl is simply glued down. I would think there would be a strip of some sort screwed down to hold the edge in place, but there is not....that is what I plan to do once I get the door out.
capav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
Admiral

about the best stuff is 3m 4200 fast set silicone sealant...let set for a day before moving it around and then it should hold...

keep us informed and maybe take some photo's....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 11:58 PM   #5
Ensign

I recently sold a large sailboat that was a 79. All the interior walls were covered with a thick vinyl. It was peeling off everywhere. I reattached all the thick vinyl with jell contact adhesive I picked up from Lowe’s and it held for the rest of the years I had it. I think it was Weldwood brand. I just put a contract on a 2600 SE. first inspection showed the symptom of the vinyl balled up on the companionway hatch. So please follow up with what worked. I have the same problem.
GMcFeron is offline   Reply With Quote