Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2400SCR Head

I bought a 2000 2400 scr near the end of the season last year. I was able to take it out a few times but didn't get around to getting much work done on it before I put it in heated storage for the winter. I am getting ready to get it out for the summer and one of the first things I need to fix is the head.

The toilet is leading and is generally just a bit disgusting so I am planning on just replacing it. When I went to order a new one, they have both Compact and Regular size bowls. Does anyone by chance know what size toilet fits? Anything I should be aware of when replacing the toilet?

Always appreciate everyone's help here! I am expecting to have more questions once my boat is in the water.

Also, I am in Michigan, anything I should be aware of getting the boat going this spring? The marina took care of maintenance in the fall and has been in heated storage so just wondering if you have any best practice advice?

austinboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:21 PM   #2
Admiral

You should have the standard size toilet. I’m assuming it’s a manual one, do you plan to replace it with another manual one?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #3
Ensign

Yes, I just have the manual Jabsco. No issues with the toilet type, figured it was easiest to just replace with the exact same toilet. Any reason to consider something else?
austinboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:42 PM   #4
Admiral

Easiest to replace with the same model.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:10 AM   #5
Admiral

It’s a good toilet so I would go with the same.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:58 PM   #6
Ensign

i would use the same just add electric flush,i did on my 2400scr
KOOJIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 02:50 PM   #7
Lieutenant

How much was the electric flush?
Chamilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:11 PM   #8

On the Jabsco manual pump the base is the same on both models. The difference is the size of the bowl bolted onto the base. You should be able to fit the standard bowl in there.

As for electric vs manual, you'll need to make sure you have enough room for the pump, which sits to the side of the base. Typically the discharge on an electric is 1" while the manual pump and vacuflush are 1.5". I'm assume you could use the 1.5" for the electric.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:46 AM   #9
Lieutenant

I have a 1995 2400 SCR with the original porcelain pump toilet. It works great just like the day it was new. I have never used but my guests report It eliminates majour feces with extreme relish....
Calguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:42 PM   #10

If I had a small holding tank, I wouldn't go with an electric flush. It flushes too much water with every flush. When I had a manual pump, we loved it for a lot of reasons.

1) You could 'dry flush' fluids, so no need to use so much water. Particularly helpful when we're drinking beer.

2) Any time we leave the boat overnight, as well as when we go to bed, we use the faucet from the sink to fill the bowl with freshwater. (heat and/or time and salt water starts to smell very badly).

3) Less draw on the batteries when we're anchored or on a mooring (we leave the dock for weeks at a time. Last year, aside from 2 short runs back to the marina ducking hurricanes, we were out 10.5 weeks last summer).

I replaced my Jabsco electric flush with a Raritan electric flush. It allows to dry flush and uses freshwater for regular flushes. This reduces odor and impact on the holding tank. However, we have 2 x 60 gallon water tanks. I wouldn't use a freshwater flush on a boat with a 13 gallon holding and 20-30 gallon freshwater tank.

Personally, I'd stick with the manual flush. Just one guys opinion.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:54 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

You could look into vacu-flush as well but it’s a much more involved project. I’ve had both electric and vacu flush and can confirm electric uses a lot more water. The vacu flush on my 2900 was fairly conservative with water usage. We had a 30 gallon freshwater and 16 gallon holding tank. The holding tank would last the weekend for 3 people but not much longer.

They are great when they work. No smell, efficient, quiet and easy to use. But … they can be temperamental as vacuum leaks can be difficult to diagnose. Also you will need space to add the vacuum pump near the holding tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yahoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2400, 2400scr, head