Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2300 SCR Shore Power

I recently purchased a 1992 2300 SCR Maxum. I am having a hard time getting the shore power to work. I plugged in the shore power cord but the panel is not indicating any power. The marina power and shore power cord work fine. I am not sure if there is something additional that I need to do to get the shore power active. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

TRathbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #2

1) the correct circuit breaker on the post on the dock is on?

2) IS your main breaker on?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Ensign

The Circuit Breaker at dockside power supply is on. You ask if my main breaker is on? Would that be the breaker on the shore power unit itself or is the breaker you are referencing somewhere else on the boat? We have turned on the main power switch on the shore power unit. The light indicating if power is reaching the shore power panel is not lighting up when the shore power cord is plugged in. I know the dockside service works and the cord is good as we tested both of those and they work fine. Somehow the power is not reaching the shore power panel. Again thanks for any help you can provide.
TRathbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
Admiral

Welcome aboard

How many shore power plugs are on the boat? If 2 line 1 is the one you want.

The panel should have an AC volt meter and when main breaker #1 is on it should show 120VAC. Also if 2 plugs make sure the selector switch is set to #1.

If still not power try turning on the receptacles and plug something to see if power is there and the meter is just bad.

If still no power you will need to remove the panel and check the wiring from it to the boats plug (3 wires).

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:26 PM   #5
Captain

There should also be a switch for shore-off-Gen, although yours may not have a Gen position, or it may just do nothing.

My boat also has breakers right where the shore power cords plug in, but they are mounted up high, where they are hard to see. Try looking there as well.
Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
Ensign

Default Shore power

You light might just be burnt out. I have the same boat and when I plug into shore power, my indecator light does not light up, but I have power. Plug into shore power, flip shore power switch and recepticals switch on, and try plugging something in.
Tanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #7

My light indicators burnt out years ago. I have a volt meter on my panel, and can toggle between circuits to verify.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:09 PM   #8
Ensign

Default Shore power

I just purchased a 2000 Maxim 3000SCR. While in storage at the marina I plugged shore power into line 2 and got a red light at the panel. I then plugged an extension cord into the adapter connected to line 1, and got power that way. I do not have A/C or heat. Is this normal?
E3Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:31 PM   #9
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3Jake View Post
I just purchased a 2000 Maxim 3000SCR. While in storage at the marina I plugged shore power into line 2 and got a red light at the panel. I then plugged an extension cord into the adapter connected to line 1, and got power that way. I do not have A/C or heat. Is this normal?
Line 2 is used for air conditioning, since you don’t have this the plug is just wired to the panel but has no connection beyond that.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:37 PM   #10
Ensign

Thank You.

E3Jake is offline   Reply With Quote