Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2008 2700 SE Cabin Door Removal

Anyone know the proper procedure to remove the sliding cabin door and screen door on a 2700SE. The Vinyl is coming loose and binding against the screen door making the door hard to open. I need to remove the door to glue the vinyl to the fiberglass door. Or a way to reattach the vinyl without removing the door would be great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Xum 2700SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Lieutenant

I had/have the same problem with my '06 2600SE (same boat). It appears that you would need to pretty much remove the entire helm in order to get the door out. I was able to re glue the vinyl back down using 3M 88 trim adhesive. I did have to trim some of the vinyl off on the starboard side of the door because I couldn't reach that far back. I used a piece of cardboard to protect against overspray while applying the adhesive (it is an aerosol can). I also used a short piece of baseboard from my home remodeling project to slip between the screen and door to unroll the vinyl so I could get the screen door all the way opened while closing the fiberglass door all the way. Good luck!!

capav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
Ensign

funny my 2002 2700 is doing the same thing
Ibassez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibassez View Post
funny my 2002 2700 is doing the same thing
2007 2600 doing the same.
paulswagelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
Lieutenant

So, has anyone figured out how to remove the cabin door yet? I just had someone step through the screen door and from what I can figure, the screen door needs to come out in order to replace the screen. Gotta love boat ownership.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
Admiral

3 year old thread and I have not seen any of these folks post in a very long time so not sure you will get a response from them.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #7
Lieutenant

Well, I finally got around to figuring this out. Here is what is involved in getting the screen door and fiberglass door out of a 2006 2600SE:

Remove windshield wiper(s)

Remove center windshield section. There is a screw on the port side of the hinge for the center windshield section. Remove this screw and then slide the section up and out.

Remove the rubber mouldings at the bottom of the port and starboard windshield sections.

Remove the screws that are concealed by the mouldings.

Remove the screws that attach the support struts to the windshield sections.

Remove each windshield panel by sliding upward. There is a track that attaches each section to the side window.

Remove the screws attaching the helm to the boat.

They used adhesive sealant along the front edge of the helm. Be patient in prying it up, it will come loose.

Once the helm is free, move it out of the way enough to expose the two tracks at the top of the doors. The track for the outer door has to be removed in order to get the door out. Lift up on the door far enough to slide the track out of the way.

Remove the screws that attach the sliding bracket to the bottom of the outer door. The outer door should be able to come out.

I don't think that the bottom track for the outer door has to be removed in order to get the screen doors bottom track out, but I removed it anyway. I think it made things easier, plus I wanted to clean everything while I was in this deep.

There are 4 screws holding the screen door into the top track. Remove these screws along with the bottom track and the screen door comes out.

Reverse the procedure to re-install.

It sounds like a lot of work and it did take some time. But none of it was terribly hard, just time consuming. I did it without any help. An extra pair of hands might have been handy, but the close quarters might make it a hassle.

Hopefully this gives others the encouragement to tackle this project. I'm happy that it is done!! Now, on to other pre season chores!!