Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2003 2400 SCR Fuse Key

Hi,

I don't see an accurate or easily understood key to the fuses in my panel under the instrument board. Does anyone know where to find one that clearly labels what each is for, the amp and cable colours? There is a listing in the manual but it just shows one long list of fuses but does not indicate which row it is in (there are two rows) so it's fairly useless. I am quite sure the previous owner moved fuses around so I just want to be sure all have the correct ones.

Thanks!

James T

James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #2

I don' thave a fuse map, but you can do the following:

Labelling: Keeping in mind that larger fuses are used for devices with larger draw and smaller fuses for devices with smaler draw. If I recall a 20 is the largest fuse in there. Pull a fuse, then start turning 12v items on until one doesn't work. (e.g. "Ah, cabin lights). Mark accordingly.

Spares: Note that not all fused slots actually have a positive lead attached to them. They used these as spare holders. So you only need to worry about the slots that actually have a positive lead attached to it. It's a common ground system, so the entire fuse bus shares a single ground. all the negatives are connected to posts across the top of the fuse buss and can typically share multiple ring connectors to a single post. You only need to worry about a spare for each fuse that has a positive connected to it.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks Shrew! I will do the process of elimination and produce my own fuse map. Cheers, James T
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Ensign

I also never found a map for my 2002 2400SCR, I ended up purchasing the led fuses that light up when blown, this saves time and frustration trying to figure out which fuse is the one I am trying to replace. Ebay has the best deals but they are available at most auto part places. If you do complete a "map" please share it. I'm lazy.
jdeez1 is offline   Reply With Quote