Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2021, 02:32 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default 200 2800 SCR transducer question

Do you guys know what is the model of the transducer installed at the bilge area (looks like a hockey puck) so I can replace it. and the other question is how can I remove this transducer? I already have one at the transom that work with my charplotter , but I like to keep the original depth finder gauge working. It was working when I bought the boat , but I step on the cable and its broken ( around 1 oclock you can see what it was left of the cable ). I was told that airmer p19 , but checking the top of it .. does not look similar .

Any help would be appreciated .
Attached Thumbnails
195364038_10159320977773048_7214096424021021290_n.jpg  

marcucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
Captain

I tried sourcing one a few years ago and gave up once I found that it was a discontinued item sold under the Vertex Standard brand (now Standard Horizon). I installed a Airmar P79 as a replacement and abandoned the original.

Since you have a transducer already, have you thought about passing the depth info to the in dash display via NMEA from the chart plotter?

jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:40 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Thank you for the information, When you replaced the transducer with the airmar P79, how did you remove the vertex one (old) ? twisted ? pry bar ? is this Vertex transducer and thru hul transducer or it is a in hull one ? I found one that looks just like but it is a humminbird "Humminbird XAP-9-20 Angled Puck Transducer" but do not know if the connector will work with the gauges at the helm

I already have my Garmin plotter connected to the Garmin Transducer at the transom , BUT

I would like to keep original gauges working with its transducer , as I mentioned before it was working, but I broke the transducer cable when I put my foot on it by mistake
marcucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:18 AM   #4
Captain

I left the OEM one alone. Looked like too much carnage would be involved in removing it from the hull fiberglass. I installed the new ‘ducer just aft of the original.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2800 scr, transnducer