Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 1999 SCR 3000 Holding Tank

New member. Please help. I just purchased a 1999 SCR 3000 and believe that the holding tank may be leaking as the odor/ water is showing up in the bilge. How do you gain access to the tank? It was also suggested that the hoses should be replaced. Is there anyone out there that may have done this? Your help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

SailingHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Captain

simple enough, just hook the hose up and turn on the water pump and look for water leaking.

If its a odor, then its the poop tank, which is on the side of the engine under the fresh water tank.

I had the same problem, as the front hose flange was cracked on the plastic tank, so I pull it out and had it plastic welded, I'm sure there someone in your area.

Run your vac u flush, and put the blue toilet cleaner in and fill the tank with fresh water to find the leak.

this is the tank upside down,....

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Lt. JG

Thanks Pascavone. My fresh water tank is located in front of the Head under the flooring. So how do I find the Holding tank. I have twin 5.0 Mercruisers with no Generator. I still haven't been able to find the waste tank.
SailingHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #4

On the 1999 3000, i believe the head is on the Starboard side. Follow the sanitation line back. Mine in in the engine compartment on the starboard side as well. I doubt the holding tank is leaking. Though it could be a loose or cracked fitting. or a detached vent hose. I'd guess it is probably the sanitation line that is permeating the odor. They are known to do that over time. Particularly the old black stuff they used. Another means is to locate the deck plate for the pump out and folw that inside to the holding tank. OR locate your vents. You'll have a vent for the fuel tank, a vent for the water tank and a vent for the holding tank. Follow the vent hose from the through hull vent fitting to the holding tank. If you can't find a holding tank after that, I think you've found your head odor problem. LOL!!!

Best of luck
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Admiral

Without doing alot of searching....... there is a do-it yourself inline filter that you can attach to your vent line to take care of the smell. Don't know if I saw it here or on the Bayliner website. Do a google search and it should come up. It is very simple to make one.

Just to add to all this........ you do know that your A/C condensation runs down and to the back in of your bilge. You aren't seeing that water after you run your A/C do you?

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #6

I agree. Sealand makes an inline vent filter. That is a MUST on any boat with a head IMHO. In order for contents to go, the air must be displaced. Unless your $#!^ literally doesn't stink, then everyone is getting a nostril full every time you flush.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Lt. JG

On my 1998 3000scr it is under the aft cabin bed center section, I remove the middle cushion and removed the screws and plywood cover and there it was

wcphillippi is offline   Reply With Quote