Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #21
Admiral

well..depending on what system you have...it maybe just cabin heat from the engines...fan should say slow med. fast....that is just one of those heater craft or red dot heaters that takes engine heat and puts it into the cabin while underway....

if it has Reverse cycle air/heat..it will have a digital panel....

good luck with the purchase..sounds like it's a good boat....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:13 AM   #22
Lt. JG

Just ran the boat to my home port (15 miles)...WOW what a nice ride. Wife is tickled!

I'll flush the fresh water tank and test the hot water. Any thing I need to know about filling the hot water heater.

Has anyone had a problem with the speedo...How do you trouble shoot that?

Milt P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #23
Admiral

first off ...congrats....hope you have many happy times on the new toy...second...make sure the hot water circuit is turned off whenever your not on the boat or when there is no water....if your onboard for the weekend..fine..leave it on....but all else turn it off...this is incase something fails and the tank empties into the bilge...the heating elements won't burn up and cost you a new heater.....
second..in the winter...drain it all the way out...some people use the pink stuff (rv anti freeze ) but I only use that in the head and the shower drain....the fresh water system I just blow down....pump all the way out and completely dry...that way there is nothing to freeze......good luck..have fun...keep posting and add photo's...

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #24
Lt. JG

All systems are operational! Took me awhile to figure out the need to open all fresh water valves to help prime the pump.

I'm not sure what folks are saying regarding the MAXUM build quality. So far I'm impressed - there isn't any plastic hinges that I've found - with the condition of the cabinets and drawers after 13 years. This boat looks new on the inside and outside --- guess it is all about owner care - but materials do matter.

Need to hear from others regarding the condition of their MAXUM...

Question hoe often do you change manifolds and risers? The 2007 survey shows they were replaced in 2006...another 10 years in mainly fresh water?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #25
Admiral

well..congrats..sounds like you got a PO that new how to maintain a boat....maxum quality was always good..the on going joke is it's a bayliner with lipstick....but when I had my 2700scr...it was a great boat...she ran in salt water all of her life and the present owner is enjoying more yrs of good life with my old boat....
but like any boat...service and reliability is up to the owner..proper maintenance and timely replacement of parts is very important in them...so..if your using it in freshwater...then it should have the risers and manifolds replaced if you start having problems ..like in about 10 yrs....salt water is usually a bit sooner since they are in a more hostile environment....but flushing them with fresh water is very very important.....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 06-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
Lieutenant

Let’s hope the seller isn’t reading this Ed because the cash game plane is all over lol

About the Speedo it may be the little pressure hose at the back of the leg (with the yellow twist fitting handle) may be blocked or damaged

Go for it good luck with the deal
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
Lt. JG

July 4th cruise was awesome! We logged over 50 miles and cruised at 3400 rpm and 25 mph (anyone know the fuel burn for this boat/engine setup?) Boat runs and handles great. Wife calls it our "little" condo on the water.