Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Two questions:1. Depthsounder on my 1900XR. 2. Hullside maintenance

1. It got a very simple factory installed deptsounder display in the dash, size of a matchbox. I bought the boat a few months back but have no boat-specific manual. Could someone provide some more info, please, about funtionality? It works fine, but display is in feet. Can it be changed to meters for me in europe? It only got an on/off switch and an separate switch that seems to adjust the alarm depth. Are there any other funtions?
2. The boat got "wine red" hullsides and I got them polished to a very great, deep shine in May, but they already seem to become somewhat "milky" on the surface. Any ideas how to prolong the shine or what are your "tricks" ?

Thanks to you all for your help/comments

Mag

Bayliner 34 Trophy, 2 x 250 hp Hino
Maxum 1900xr Mercury 150

Mag535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Can't help you on #1 but on the second one.........(and I'm so happy I get to beat Bella to this) POLIGLOW POLIGLOW POLIGOW (bella, how did I do?)

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

If you choose to ignore these posts - I will feel really bad for you.
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #5

Hi Mag535. I think you are limited to ft. on that sounder. We Americans are a pretty stubborn lot. We not only refuse to adopt the metric system, but refuse to acknowledge that we're just about teh only place in the world that ISN'T metric. I finished a building project last fall and for the fun or it, decided to do the entire project in metric. I was very surpirsed to find it was much easier in decimal than trying to use fractions. Distances, weights and measures are still a complete mystery to me.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Wow, that was a lot in favour of the Poliglow. Have now read threds and stories all over and I am still uncertain abt the longterm result, 3-5 years. I remember that in the car industry was some years a go a similar solution called PERMASHINE and it looked OK 1-2 years but you had to redo it all the time and if you did not the car paintsurface looked really bad and it could only be fixed by very expensive operations.
thks Mag

Mag535 is offline   Reply With Quote