Old 04-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
Ensign

Default SunDeck/Engine Cover Gas Strut Question - 1999 1900SR

Hello.....new here and this is my 1st boat and going into my 2nd season with her and loving it. We had our SunDeck rebuilt as the original was in bad shape and missing the gas stuts but had the mounts. Well the upholsterer didn't reinstall the mounts so now not only do I need the correct strut #'s but I also need the mount locations. Any and all help would be huge as you can see in the pic, I'm holding it up w/ a piece of wood which sucks. Thanks....Todd
Attached Thumbnails
hatch.jpg  

twtcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #2
Admiral

No help on the mounts but if you still have the old struts, take them to a NAPA auto parts store and they can match them up.

Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
Ensign

Thank you for responding, but the struts were missing when I got it....just the mounting brackets were there. And because it has since been rebuilt....its completely a guessing game or I need to figure out how to measure and place the brackets and size the shock......basically I need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
No help on the mounts but if you still have the old struts, take them to a NAPA auto parts store and they can match them up.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
Admiral

Welcome aboard

Do you recall approximately were the mounts were located on the cover? They don't need to be exact. If so measure the distance from there to the lower mount and you should be able to match up a gas strut in the extend position to this measurement close enough. Get the struts install them on the lower mount and it will dictate where to install the upper mount.

Mike
mmwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
Ensign

Yes.....this is what I was thinking as well. Thank you....I will probably go this route if no one has the measurements.
The lower mounts are there, its the covers mounts that were removed when it was rebuilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Welcome aboard

Do you recall approximately were the mounts were located on the cover? They don't need to be exact. If so measure the distance from there to the lower mount and you should be able to match up a gas strut in the extend position to this measurement close enough. Get the struts install them on the lower mount and it will dictate where to install the upper mount.