Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Seat removal 1900XR

Hi guys!

I've just purchased a 1998 1900XR. The interior needs major restoration and the first thing I'm gonna tackle is the seats. They are all faded and cracked, so im gonna send them off to be reupholstered. However I cant figure out how to get the damn things off the boat. The cushions you sit on in the back and in the open bow are of course easy but how do i get the backrests off? Its pretty much impossible to acces them from behind. And what about the two loungechairs? Do they slide out?
Hope you can help.
All the best

Martin

Martinkjaerjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #2

Welcome aboard Martin!!! Congrats on the new purchase.

I am not familiar with that model, but hopefully someone will chime in. Do the front-to-back seats on that model lay out flat? If so, start sliding them out and see if you can look up underneath.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks shrew
The lounge chairs do fold down flat. I have however not been able to slide them out - and i dont want to pull to hard and risk damaging the thing.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	2129
Martinkjaerjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

Split eh seats partially and see if you can look underneath. I think there is a stop that needs to be removed in order to slide the seats off of the slider. I believe it is on the after side of the slider. You may need a small pivoting mirror on a stick to properly look up there in order to find it.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Commander

There is no stop on these to remove them, just need to line up the slide tube with the track opening. Lift the front part of the seat cushion up and start sliding it back. Once it is partially back, it should lift right off. If you lay it flat you have gone too far. As Shrew stated, you can look inside between the 2 seat backs and see the opening in the track once you start to seperate them. Once you get the 1 track removed, move to the other side and repeat. Then you can lift out the seat and hand to a friend on the ground (watch your fingers though, they bite if your hand is in the wrong place).
mcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:32 AM   #6
Ensign

Talking Removing the back to backs seats.

I realize that your post was quite some time ago but i was looking on line for how to get those darn things off of there too.
Push the seats together so that they are not reclining, then slide them all the way to the aft of the boat ( together-not reclining.)
Lift the bottom cushion on the front seat and you'll see where you exposed two screws holding the slide mechanism to the front. Remove them and then slide the seats as far forward as they will go and remove the back screws the same way!! Pick up the seat and heave it overboard!! hahaha
The base has 6 screws holding it in and hopefully your screws were put in at an angle just like mine were cuz it sure make it easy to get them out!!
Good luck, I hope somebody finds this post and it helps them out without wasting as much as I did!!
My boat is a Maxum 1800 mx BTW.

Knotty Otter is offline   Reply With Quote