Old 06-20-2019, 02:13 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Need Waketower arm replacement part. 05'sr2000

I have a 2005 sr2000 with a wakeboard tower. One of the brackets that attaches to the boat has a stripped thread and will not hold a screw. I've attached a picture. The part that has stripped threads is not the part that is attached to the boat with 4 allen screws, and it is not the next part attached to that, but it is the top 3rd part that is shown vertically (the picture turned on me so you have to turn your head to the left to see it vertically). I don't know how else to explain it. Does anyone know where I could find just this part instead of buying a whole new wakeboard tower? I have searched online and have been unsuccessful. I have thought of 2 other options to remedy my problem A) rethread the damaged part B) drill a hole in it to accept a nut on the other side.
Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
20190616_201203.jpg  

ttruwme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #2

To clarify, you're talking about the threaded hole in the image? The only one that doesn't currently have a bolt in it?

That is aluminum. Use a tap and go up one size and then buy a new bolt to fit the new threaded hole.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
Ensign

This part looks exactly like our tower, which is a Big Air Ice Tower. I would try to contact Big Air and see if you can buy a new one from them. Here's their website and information. We installed our tower ourselves on 2 different boats. Wakeboarding Boat Towers | Big Air Ice Tower
vickilea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Ensign

thanks. it is aluminum. It appears they have this part or one very close on bigairwaketower website for $15. I'll try that first and if it doesn't work try your suggestion!!
Old 06-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
Ensign

I found a part on there that appears very similar to the one I need for $15. THANKS!!!!!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
Ensign

Awesome! Let us know the outcome.
vickilea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
Ensign

THAT WAS THE PART!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! WAKEBOARD TIME!!!!! $15 PLUS 8 SHIPPING. now i have to order the missing bolt they have that too...lol